Alphabet Challenge has a new theme starting today – “F is for Furry Friends.” Although I’m not exactly sure that goats would be considered furry, they sure are adorable and make great pets – I just love them! I bought the Way To Goat stamp set when it came out for a friend who owns many goats but the pandemic canceled our celebration. Therefore, I haven’t used it till now but can’t wait to give her this card for her next one.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Thick White Cardstock, cut at 9″ by 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″ for a side fold A6 card.
- After that, I found a great neutral paper in the In Good Taste paper collection that I cut at 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″ and ran through my die cutting machine in the Bricks & Mortar embossing folder. Then, I layered it onto Misty Moonlight cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After getting the background layer figured out, I stamped the goat and colored it with alcohol markers, then fussy cut it out. Then, I decided that the goat needed some grass, so used a Fawn Lawn Grassy Border die and colored it with alcohol markers.
- Because the sentiments in Way To Goat are just too cute not to use, I knew I wanted to use the “I got you a cake…” and the “…but I ate it” for the card. Well, where’s the cake that he ate, I wondered?? So, I went to my stamp set stash and looked and looked till I actually found the cake plate. Then, I stamped it with Smoky Slate ink, added Wink of Stella to look like glass and fussy cut it out.
- Once that was done, I stamped the sentiments with Misty Moonlight ink and cropped out the aforementioned ones with the retired Word Bubbles that seemed like the perfect way to use those stamps. Then, after stamping the Happy Birthday sentiment, I cropped it out with the long banner die from the Bloom Hybrid dies.
- Assembling the card was easy with dimensionals and liquid glue, I popped up the oval sentiment, one of the small sentiments and the goat after rounding him out a bit on the edges so he wouldn’t look flat.
- Finally, one small jewel was added to the cake plate to finish this card.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge
- Creative Knockouts Challenge – Furry Friends
- Seize the Birthday Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Animal Antics
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All about occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE