Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Fun Ways to Use Your Stampin’ Up! Products” where we show our favorite product tips. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. Then, at the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I hereby declare that it’s “Beach Week” at Secrets To Stamping! Between the themes for the challenges that I design for and the vacation plans that my husband and I are making, I can practically feel the sand under my feet right now! HAHA!! So, my card for you today is using my favorite nautical set of all time – Friends Are Like Seashells. The coordinating products make it so versatile and I just love the texture from the embossing folder.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with 12″ Pool Party cardstock that was cut to 6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the Soft Sea Foam cardstock to 5 1/4″ and ran it through my die cutting machine in the Seashells embossing folder. Then, I layered it onto white cardstock.
- Did you spot my fun technique yet? If not, keep reading!
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped all of seashells in Petal Pink and Sahara Sand ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock and cut them out. Then, I stamped the two plant stamps in Pool Party and cropped them out.
- Secret (my fun way to add texture): To get the texture on the two squares, I inked up the Clear Block C with Sahara Sand and stamped it off once before applying it to the Shimmery White cardstock. Doesn’t it look like sand??
- Then, I trimmed down the squares and lightly sponged them with Sahara Sand ink and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.
- Before popping up the sentiment with dimensionals, I adhered a piece of Pool Party Sheer Ribbon underneath.
- Finally, I placed a few rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestones to the seashells and around the card front.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on July 14th for “Wonderful Cards from the Garden” when our Design Team creates a project with flowers or scenes from the garden. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty!
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations