Sisterhood of Crafters starts a new challenge today – “Water – Water – Water” and is hosted by Diane. Finally, I had an excuse to use the Sending Sunshine stamp set, which I fell in love with the moment I saw it! Then, I paired it with Sailing Home to create some dimension. Firstly, I used my memories of trips to the Mediterranean Sea for the water colors. Unfortunately, it just doesn’t seem possible to recreate that on paper with the proof being the pile of cardstock I used trying to do just that!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Because I created this card from the inside to the outside, this side folding card is just a little narrower for an A6 card – the card base is 8 1/2″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/4.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I started the background by stamping the water stamps with Pool Party and Balmy Blue inks and the sun with So Saffron (and touched up a bit with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends).
- After that, I masked it off so I would lightly sponge the sky with Pool Party ink and added a couple of clouds with Crumb Cake ink.
- Once I had the background complete, I stamped the lighthouse and colored it lightly before cropping it out.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink and punched it out with the circle punch. Then, I popped it up with dimensionals onto the background frame from Smooth Sailing dies.
- At this point, I decided to make a frame from Crumb Cake cardstock and gave it some texture from the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Then, I cropped the Sending Sunshine piece to the same size and layered both of them onto Pool Party cardstock.
- Finally, I decided it needed a little more texture so I cut and colored the seagrass from Crumb Cake and Pool Party with Stampin’ Blends to give them a more saturated color. Then, I added one Bumblebee enamel dot onto the lighthouse to show its purpose.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Always Fun Challenge – Layers
- Crafting Happiness Challenge – Summer
- Dream Valley Challenge – Dies or Punches
- The Paper Player Challenge – Signs of Summer
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity Challenge – Vacation
BEFORE YOU GO!
For the new catalog, Stampin’ Up! is giving us extra host rewards!
If your order is at least $250, you will receive an extra $25 !
Or you can buddy up with one or more friends and earn the extra collectively! This offer runs from 4 May–14 June 2021
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE