Sisterhood of Crafters has a favorite theme for you all – Anything Goes! If you are having fun in your craft room, then we want to see whatever you’re making! That’s exactly what I did because I need a birthday card for my youngest daughter this week. Sweet Strawberry is a very popular bundle right now and since she is a “foodie” I am hoping she loves this card.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made this card with Granny Apple Green cardstock, cut at 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2″ on the 9″ side.
- After that, I cut the Granny Apple Green DSP to 5 3/4″ x 4″ and layered it onto Blushing Bride cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Beginning with the strawberries from the Sweet Strawberry stamp set, I stamped the strawberries with the 2-step stamps with Blushing Bride and Polished Pink inks and Granny Apple Green ink for the top of the strawberry. Then, I punched them out with the coordinating Strawberry Builder Punch.
- After that, I stamped and cut out the flowers and leaves by either the punch or fussy cutting.
- Looking for something to hold the strawberries gave me the idea of using the retired Wood Crate die with the In Good Taste DSP, which I popped up with adhesive strips on the Scalloped Contours rectangle layer.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with Layering Ovals dies.
- Finally, after adhering all of the elements, I colored the retired glitter epoxy shapes with Stampin’ Blends to add to the flowers and leaves.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Birthday
- Sweet Stampin’ Challenge – B for Birthday
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge – Optional Plaid (used a plaid patterned paper)
- Watercolor Wednesday Challenge – All about occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE