Creative Creases Challenge #10
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through JULY 8TH AT 6:00 PM EDT
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge!
Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. Furthermore, I hope to inspire you to play in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the very short list of rules to enter.
I started my card out wanting to make a pop-up card, because they are so much fun to open. Then, it occurred to me that adding a window into the inside would really make it special. This can be used for any type of occasion but I really needed a “Thinking of You” card for a friend and hope this card will let her know how much I care. Because this card had a few revisions along the way, I used Hand-Penned Petals, Butterfly Brilliance and Art Gallery stamp sets. I’m sure you have done that when you’re creating special cards, right?
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card measures 6 1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Hand-Penned DSP at 4″ x 5 3/4″ and layered it onto Misty Moonlight cardstock. Then, I adhered them together before using the larger Hippo & Friends die to make a window. Laying it on top of the card base, I used the smaller die to center it in the middle of the winder, applying some low tack tape into position and ran it through the die cutting machine.
- Pop-up measurements: I cut the white cardstock at 3″ x 5″ and scored at 5/8″, 3 3/4′ and 4 3/8.” Burnish the scores and adhere to the card, laying adhesive to the short end that will go against the inside of the front, then applying adhesive to the other end, and closing the card onto it to put it into place.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After the pop-up was in place, I took white cardstock and cut it with the Stitched with Whimsy die, then trimmed it to 3 3/4″ x 5.” Firstly, I stamped the sentiment from Hand-Penned Petals. Then, placing adhesive to the pop-up, I carefully placed the Whimsy piece up against the card front, then closed the card to put it into place.
- It took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to show through the window. Should it be a flower? No, the front has lots of flowers. So, ultimately, I decided on the butterfly and chose one that filled out most of the window but would fit through the window easily. I stamped the solid butterfly and colored it with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cut out both butterflies, and adhered in place.
- For the sentiment on the card front, I stamped the sentiment from Art Gallery and cropped it out and the layered frame from Ornate Frames. Then, I popped it up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I added just a few enamel dots to the butterfly for a little bling.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge – (Butterfly)
- Crafters Cafe Challenge – Insects/Butterflies
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge
- The Paper Shelter Challenge – Things with wings
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to email@example.com, I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at email@example.com and ask to remove the link.