Guess what – AAA Birthday Challenge invited me to be a guest designer! I am so excited to play with them for their “Embossing Folder” theme. If you follow me, then you know how much I love texture on my cards. Therefore, I just had to use the Art In Bloom bundle again, this time using a new Splatter background stamp I just bought.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the AAA Birthday Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, these A6 cards were basically made exactly the same, with just a few details that are different, since both are highlighting the embossing folder and the pretty flowers that the embossing made.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After making the card base, I dry embossed the white cardstock that was already stamped with the splatter background stamp. Once it was embossed, I took daubers and lightly inked up the leaves and edges with Soft Sea Foam and Balmy Blue inks. Then, I inked up the flowers – one very lightly with Poppy Parade and the other very boldly with Poppy Parade and So Saffron inks.
- After that, I started on the sentiments, cutting the “Celebrate” from the retired Celebrate You dies three times. Then, they were glued together and Wink of Stella added to give it some sparkle. I adhered it to a long banner to anchor it.
- Once the panel was complete, I adhered it to a black cardstock panel to bring out the splatter.
- The second card is essentially the same but I decided to cut out another flower to place in the center of the three on the embossed background along with a few leaves. Then, I stamped the Happy Birthday from Timeless Tulips and cut it out with the long banner (then trimmed down) .
- After adhering it to the Poppy Parade cardstock, I wrapped Poppy Parade twine around it and under the flower with leaves and sentiment.
I’m sharing my cards with these challenges:
- Gem Of A Craft Challenge
- The Paper Shelter Challenge – Going Dotty
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge
- Seize The Birthday Challenge – Embossing Folder
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Birthday
BEFORE YOU GO!
SAVE 15%! SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order?Product List
Such pretty cards, love the colored embossed areas. Thank you for being our Guestdesigner over at AAA Birthday
Your inking really brings these florals to life, fab card!
Love them, both sooo pretty! Thanks for guesting with us at AAA Birthday.
Debbie, your cards are so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Birthday blog this month! Tina
I love the texture too and recently have added it to most of my cards. This gives me some more inspiration. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge. Hope to see you again.
Stunning card here and love your style, thanks for entering your project into this month’s challenge, anything goes, and look forward to you joining us again. Good luck in the final draw.
[aNNie Design team member for Pattie’s Creations challenge
Beautiful cards Debbie!!! Love these colors!!!
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Wow, these are gorgeous. Congratulations on the guest spot. You deserve it. Your cards are always an inspiration. Love Dawn x
Your cards are beautiful! Where can we find the splatter stamp?
Thanks for your kind comment, Joanie! Here is the link to the splatter background stamp: https://www.tayloredexpressions.com/splatter-background/
Great cards Debbie. That embossing folder makes such beautiful impressions. So glad you joined us this month as our guest designer.
This is so nice. It goes perfectly with our theme “Anything Goes” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Artist & Owner