Creative Creases Challenge #12
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through AUGUST 19th AT 6:00 PM EDT
UPDATE: I HAVE EXTENDED THIS CHALLENGE DUE TO A DEATH IN MY FAMILY. THERE IS A NEW LINK AT THE BOTTOM SO YOU CAN STILL PLAY ALONG TILL AUGUST 19TH.
Welcome to the next Creative Creases Challenge! Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with a short list of rules to enter.
Initially, I heard of the Pinwheel Tower fun fold from my Pal Sue Jackson, who made THIS amazing card. So, I decided to try it out myself. After seeing her card, I did a little internet search and it led me to one of my favorite Stampin’ Up! demonstrators, Linda Heller, who made a great tutorial. Then, I got the idea to use the panels with the Beauty of Friendship bundle. Although it didn’t turn out exactly what I had in mind, I am happy how it turned out, so I may attempt it again when I have a little more time to play with the panels.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this Pinwheel Tower card measured at 5″x7″ when laid out flat so it fits into that size envelope without a problem.
- To make the card base, I used designer paper (Linda’s suggestion), cut at 5″x4 1/2″ and scored at 1,” 2,” 3″ and 4.” Remember that the paper you want to show will be on the inside of the tower, so add the adhesive on the side you don’t want showing (Oops, that was my mistake!) and complete the tower. Then, to make sure that the back side of the DSP didn’t show up, I sponged the edges with black ink.
- To make the panels, I cut four pieces of Black cardstock (3 1/2″ x 5″) and four pieces of designer paper at 3″ x 4 3/4″ and 4 pieces of designer paper at 4 3/4″ x 2 1/4.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut three trees from the die in Beautiful Trees with Early Espresso cardstock. Then, with more designer paper, used the dies to add some foliage to them, popping them up with dimensionals.
- After that, I used the Playful Alphabet dies to spell out “Spring,” “Summer,” and “Fall” in black cardstock. Then, to add a little life to the trees, I cut out little birds and added one to each tree so that it looked like the same bird lived there all year round.
- Finally, I made a very simple message panel with a sentiment from Flowers of Friendship and cut with the die from Tasteful Labels as well as a piece of white cardstock cut with a stitched rectangle die.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Art Impressions Challenge – Funky Folds
- Creative Knockouts Challenge – Dies or Punches
- Love To Craft Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Try It on Tuesday Challenge – Feathered Friends
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- No Backlinking allowed. Your entry must be posted after the start of mine.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool below through August 5th.
LINK FOR AUGUST 6TH – AUGUST 19TH: