Alphabet Challenge has a brand new challenge today – “I is for Insects” – perfect for summer, right?! So, let’s see what pretty bugs you have in your stamping stash! Firstly, I looked through my stamps and found Dragonfly Garden. Although I have used the dragonfly before, I really wanted to see what I could do with the pretty flower stamp and decided to keep my card relatively clean and simple (for me). Because I am trying to get more cards into my birthday stash, I also inked up the sentiment from Garden Birdhouses.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my card started with Granny Apple Green 12″ cardstock, cut to 12″ x 4 1/2″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I stamped the the flower image from Dragonfly Garden onto the Ornate Layers (found in my stash) and, once I colored it, it was layered onto Basic Black cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I really enjoyed coloring the flower stamp with just a few Stampin’ Blends (listed below), which was so easy to do quickly.
- Once finished, I went on to stamp and color the dragonfly with Mango Melody stampin’ blends and Wink of Stella markers. Then, I punched it out with the coordinating Dragonflies punch.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment in black ink.
- Then, once I popped the dragonfly up with dimensionals, I decided that the card could use just a bit more life on it. So, I punched out the little dragonfly with black cardstock and used Wink of Stella over it.
- Finally, I added the little Ladybug trinket.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Summer
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge – Quit Bugging Me
BEFORE YOU GO!
SAVE 15%! SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE