Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge starts their new challenge for the month of July today! To play along, all you have to do is make a card with dies – how easy is that?! Since I just got a new SU order, I knew that I had to get the All For Baby bundle out to play. Honestly, you never know when you will need a baby card, and they are too much fun to make to be in a hurry to get it in the mail (or gift bag)! Although most of my friends are no longer having children, they could be having grandkids. Also, my kids are now in the age range when they are needing to send them out, as well.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This All For Baby card ended up being 5″ x 7″ since I didn’t want to make the baby dresser very small. Quite frankly, I would hate for you to see my craft space by the time I finished this card – it went through so many changes along the way. However, by the time I finished it, I really loved how it turned out.
- Firstly, the card base is 7″ x 10″ and scored at 5.” Then, I cut the designer paper at 4 5/8″ x 6 5/8″ and layered it onto Soft Suede cardstock that was 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I made the baby dresser by cutting Soft Suede cardstock to a 4″ square, then cut the Beauty of the Earth designer paper to 1″ x 3 3/4.” After that, I cut two more layers of scrap cardstock and glued them all together to give the drawers more dimension. Also, I sponged the edges of the drawers before they were glued down. Then, I took the Scalloped Contours die and cut the bottom to give the dresser some detail and added the Old Olive enamel dots as knobs.
- Then, using my daubers, I smoothed out the ink onto the stamp. Although I love the resulting details of the stamped image, the method for stamping with them is definitely different than clear mount or photopolymer stamps.
- Once finished, they were cropped out with their coordinating dies. Also, I made a hanger for the onesie from gold foil paper.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with the Scalloped Contours die and used the die again with the Beauty of the Earth paper to make a frame. Since that die makes cut marks to insert ribbon or paper through the die, all I had to do was snip off the edges of the sentiment piece and glue it on top.
- Finally, I just stamped and cut out the little stars and heart. Then, I cropped them out and popped them up with dimensionals onto the frame. After that, I stamped the bow and cropped it out to make a sweet hanger for the frame. Also, I added a linen thread bow for the teddy bear.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- NBUS Challenge – new All For Baby stamp set and dies
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- Crafty Creations Challenge
- Addicted to Stamping Challenge – Any Occasion (baby)
- Daisy Chain Challenge – Dies or Stencils
- Archi Scraps Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE