Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today – “Trees” and I am the host! Since I love tree stamps, I would like to see how you use your tree stamps and dies. Firstly, I needed to decide what stamp set I wanted to use, but Mountain Air is one of my favorite nature stamp sets. So, I really had to ink it up again! Then, to add a little life to the card, I inked up the fox and rabbit from Nature’s Beauty because I can’t resist cute little animals.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this is an A6 Easel card, which is one of my go-to fun folds. If you haven’t made one before, here is a great tutorial.
- In order to make my card, the card base is 9″ x 6″ and scored at 2 1/4″ and 4 1/2.” Then, I cut a card front at 4 1/2″ x 6.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I inked up the mountain range and birds with Smoky Slate ink and stamped onto white cardstock. After that, I inked up the line of trees with Mossy Meadow lined up under the mountains and stamped that, as well. Then, I inked up the sentiment from Enjoy The Moment and stamped under the trees. Once those were all done, I cropped it out with a Stitched Rectangle die and used the same die on the Mossy Meadow cardstock so that my stamped image could fit inside. Then, I trimmed the Mossy Meadow to 3 3/4″ x 5 1/8″ and popped it up with dimensionals onto the card front cardstock.
- Next, I cut out 4 trees with the tree die from Majestic Mountain, then glued two together to create 2 trees. I like doing two together to give the trees more dimension. Then, I stamped the fox onto Crumb Cake cardstock, added just a dab of Smoky Slate to him to give a little definition around his neck and legs, then fussy cut him out.
- For the inside of the card, I took Mossy Meadow that was 5 1/2″ wide and cut it with the Basic Border die, then popped it up with dimensionals to hold the easel up.
- After that, I stamped the rabbit and fussy cut him out as well as the little tuft of grass.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Enjoy The Moment and cropped it out with the small stitched rectangle die.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Calendar Challenge
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge
- Crafty Animals Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
SAVE 15%! SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE