Features Prized Peony Stamp Set. Learn how to make this card and more! #DebbieMageed #SecretsToStamping #StampinUp #DressedToImpress #cardmaking #stamp #papercraft #handmadecards
Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge today – “Dry or Heat Embossing.” I just love both of these textures and sometimes overlook them, especially heat embossing. Firstly, I had to choose my stamps and decided on Dressed To Impress to make a feminine all occasion card. Then, I decided to add some pretty florals to it so I chose the smaller flower from Prized Peony stamp set.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, my card base is 6″ square – 12″ x 6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the True Love designer paper to 5 1/4″ square and layered it onto Basic Black cardstock, cut at 5 1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I used VersaMark and Polished Pink ink to ink up the peony stamp as well as Soft Succulent for the leaves. Then, they were heat embossed with clear embossing powder and cut with the coordinating die.
- After that, I went on to the Dressed To Impress stamps – heat embossing them with Just Jade for the perfume bottle and more Polished Pink for the high heel shoes. Both were colored, then they were both cut with their coordinating dies.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment, heat embossed it with Just Jade ink and VersaMark and cropped it out with the Stitched Nested Labels die.
- Finally, I cut the large die from Hippo & Friends and dry embossed it with the Ornate Floral embossing folder. Then, it was popped up with dimensionals and the peony with leaves popped up on top of it. The gold ribbon was placed under the sentiment before it was also popped up. And then, the perfume bottle and shoes were the finishing touch.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafter’s Castle Challenge
- Gem of a Challenge
- Love to Craft Challenge
- My Time to Craft Challenge – Ribbons/Bows
BEFORE YOU GO!
SAVE 15%! SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE