Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today – “the ocean is calling and I must go.” Well, the ocean is calling us but we are ignoring it this summer! Therefore, the only sand on my toes is from Lake Michigan, but I’m not complaining. Traveling is just tough right now – for many reasons – so we will be patient for just the right time. In the meantime, I made a card, using Seaside View, which retired before I ever got a chance to ink it up.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- This A6 card started with Bermuda Bay cardstock, cut to 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- After that, I cut the light wood cardstock from In Good Taste (5 3/4″ x 4″), stamped the sentiment and embossed it in the Tasteful Textile embossing folder. Then, I used a dark wood paper scrap and cut it to 1 1/4″ x 5 3/4.”
- Finally, I layered them onto white cardstock and adhered them to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the image onto white cardstock and began the coloring process with Stampin’ Blends (all colors listed below). Once I finished, I cut it out with a stitched rectangle die, then layered it onto Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- Finally, I stamped the palm trees in Timeless Tropical stamp set, colored it and cropped it out with the coordinating die.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Sentiments Challenge
- Everybody Art Challenge
- Get Creative Challenge – Show Water
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Summer Fun
BEFORE YOU GO!
SAVE 15%! SELECT Designer Series Paper Packs are 15% off the Regular Retail Price through August 2, 2021! Now is a great time to stock up and save on some of Stampin’ Up!’s most popular paper designs! There is no limit to how many packages of Designer Series Paper may be purchased during this promotion.
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE