Make My Monday starts a brand new challenge today and we are looking for your fun fold cards! Recently, I saw the balcony fold on Pinterest, which led me to Lesley’s Stampin’ Ground and used her instructions to make my card. Firstly, this card was SO easy so I think you all really need to make one! Then, to make this card even easier, I used many of the elements in the Blackberry Beauty Ephemera Pack – you really can’t get any easier than that! Hence, my father’s 92nd birthday card was made in a snap AND it folds flat for mailing!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base was easily made, using Brushed Metallic Foil Paper, cut to 6″ x 6.” Then, I used the die from the Basic Border dies and cropped the top. After that, I scored at 3.”
- Then, I cheated a bit on the DSP by cutting it down to 2 3/4″ x 6″ then using the foil as my guide at the top. Once I had that cut, all I had to do was trim it to the same size at the bottom. My motto: better safe than sorry!
- Then, I cut two pieces of the foil paper:
- Front: 7” x 1 1/2” and scored at 1/2,” 3 1/2” and 6 1/2.”
- Back: 5” x 2 1/2” and scored at 1/2,” 2 1/2” and 4 1/2”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once all was done with the card base, the rest of the card was a snap! Using the ephemera pack, I popped out all of the pieces and just started adhering them down.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from Best Year in Blackberry Bliss ink and layered it onto Blackberry Bliss cardstock.
- For the back of the card, I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink and used the Ephemera Pack frame to layer on top, trimming the sentiment down to size.
- Finally, I made a frame for the tag. Because I will be signing this tag, I have left it off for now, but will be attaching it before sending it to my “dear old Dad.”
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Masculine
- Festive Friday Challenge (Layers, Patterned Paper, Fun Fold)
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Birthday
- The Paper Players Challenge (Birthday, Die-cut/Punch, Masculine)
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions
of the year! Are you ready to Sale-A-Brate?
During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn exclusive
products for free!
For every $50 you spend, you
can add your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to
your cart at no additional cost.
Contact me to learn more about Sale-A-Bration, how you
can earn free products, host a party, or join the
Stampin’ Up! family!
Check out Stampin’ Up!’s Promotions HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE