Creative Creases Challenge #13
Anything Goes with a Fun Fold runs through SEPTEMBER 2nd AT 6:00 PM EDT
Firstly, I want to share with my followers that, on July 27th, we received the devastating news that my older son Michael passed away. My world shattered at that moment and will never be the same. However, my faith is strong so I know that he is truly at peace now. He was my first child and am so thankful that he had texted or called me almost every day, which gives me some relief. So, please tell your loved ones that you love them every chance you get! You just never know when will be the last time…
Now, on to my post! Thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! I am so happy that you all took the time to play along. The Top Pick for the last challenge is at the bottom of this post as well as the link to enter the current challenge with the short list of rules to enter. Because I love making calendar cards, I decided to start a little early this year. I love giving them to my friends and customers during the holiday season. The Building Block fun fold has a great front panel for the calendar and I love the building block area that’s perfect for the year! Then, I added the pretty flowers from Flowers of Friendship for a card that will look pretty all year round.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers Building Block tutorial to make this calendar card.
- I scored the 5.5” x 10.5” cardstock at 3.5” and 7”.
- Then, I closed the valley fold, and cut 1.5” along the fold at these intervals:
- 3/8”, 1 3/8”, 1 5/8”, 2 5/8”, 2 7/8”, 3 7/8”, 4 1/8”, and 5 1/8”.
- After that, I scored at the end of the cuts to make the mountain folds and the ¼” slits will make valley folds.
Now, the FUN Part of this Flowers of Friendship Card!
- Firstly, decorate the front and inside panels.
- The front panel: 3.5″ x 5.5″ and layers 3 1/4″ x 5 1/4.”
- The panels on either side of the blocks: 2″ x 5.5″ and layers 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4.”
- 8 block panels: 1″x 1.5″ and layers 3/4″ x 1 1/4.”
- Once I completed the layers for the card base, I stamped the front panel flowers with Memento Black ink and colored them with Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers (listed below). After that, it was cropped with the Hippo & Friends dies, and popped up with dimensionals after adhering ribbon.
- Then, I stamped and cut out all of the flowers and leaves. See my Secret below!
- I cut out the “2022” with the Playful Alphabet dies and adhered them to the building blocks.
- I always get asked where I get my calendars. If you don’t want to print them off yourself, I have found them HERE on Taylored Expressions for a very reasonable price.
My Secret to Using the Flowers & Leaves Punch
One way to use the coordinating Flowers & Leaves punch is to cut out the flowers and leaves to make a template from a scrap of cardstock. Then, align the stamps with the template, and lay a clear block over the top to adhere them. That way, you can stamp and color them, then punch them all out together. EASY!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
Creative Creases Randomized Winner is…
All of the entries into the Gallery were truly great and very inspirational! I really can’t pick one out of the bunch, therefore have randomized the top pick. The winner chosen is…
Display your Creative Creases badge on your blog! AND, if you send me an email with your USA mailing address to [email protected], I have a gift for you!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
To play along this month, simply use the linky tool at the bottom of this post.
A few rules:
- There MUST be stamping involved in your projects.
- Use any brand of stamps/digis (no company restriction) but no “digi only” creations.
- There MUST be a link back here to my blog in your blog post and would really appreciate displaying my challenge graphic.
- Any projects that do not comply with the above can be deleted from the gallery.
- Please note that if you are chosen as a winner of a challenge and do not wish to have this challenge add a link to your blog, please email me at [email protected] and ask to remove the link.