Retro Rubber Challenge invited me to be a Guest Designer today! This is such a wonderful occasion because I was once on their Design Team. They were such a joy to work with and miss them all so much! Their challenge starting today is “Anything Goes” so all you have to do is have fun with an older stamp from your stash and play along! Easy, right? Just make sure to tell us the age of the stamp to be eligible to be chosen as their winner. When I was looking at my stamp stash, I came across Music From The Heart, which came out in the Occasions mini catalog in January 2020 and retired before I had a chance to use it. Perfect time to ink it up!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit the Retro Rubber Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card measures 5″ x 7″ and started with Basic Black cardstock, cut to 7″ by 10″ and scored at 5.”
- After that, I cut the Pattern Party paper to 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ and adhered it to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Then, I stamped the staff and treble clef in black ink. After that, I stamped the eighth notes, attempting “happy birthday” but I’m no musician LOL so please forgive me if it’s wrong! Once I completed that, I colored the notes in Real Red, then cropped the panel out with the Stitched Rectangle die. Once done, I ran it through the die cut machine in the Painted Texture embossing folder and layered it onto Real Red cardstock.
- Secondly, I stamped the piano with black ink, cropped it with the Stitched Square die and layered it onto black cardstock.
- Then, I took Black Shimmer Ribbon and layered it onto the card base before popping the piano square on top.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in black ink. SECRET: My secret for cutting around the letters is to actually trace around the stamp lightly in pencil, then fussy cut and erase any remaining pencils marks. EASY!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge
- A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge
- Simon Says Monday Challenge
- Stamping Sensation Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
The July – December Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration Start TODAY!
Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions
of the year! Are you ready to Sale-A-Brate?
During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn exclusive
products for free!
For every $50 you spend, you
can add your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to
your cart at no additional cost.
Contact me to learn more about Sale-A-Bration, how you
can earn free products, host a party, or join the
Stampin’ Up! family!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE