There’s a new theme at the Alphabet Challenge – “K is for Kindness – Use Kindness in Your Sentiment.” Since I am working on making more thank you cards, this theme was a great time to make one. Also, I wanted to use a brand new product that I just received, Soft Pastels, so I chose Simply Succulents stamp set to give it a different look.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card started with Crumb Cake cardstock that was cut to 9″ x 6 1/4″ and scored at 4 1/2.”
- After that, I cut the Night of Navy DSP at 5 7/8″ x 4 1/8″ and the Sahara Sand DSP at 2 1/4″ x 4 1/8″ and layered it on top. Then, they were adhered to white cardstock that was cut at 6″ x 4 1/4.”
- Finally, I took the Crumb Cake baker’s twine and wrapped it a couple of time around the seam of the two DSPs and tied it into a bow. Then, it was adhered to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the Simply Succulent image in black ink and began coloring it with the Old Olive pastel. I took a small sponge and rubbed the pastel into the image. Once that was done, I decided to use the Rich Razzleberry watercolor pencil and very lightly color the tips of the succulents. After that, I cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Secondly, I stamped and cut the planter, then used the Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends to give it a little dimension.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Dragonfly Gardens with Night of Navy ink and cut it out with the die in Potted Succulents.
- Everything was popped up with dimensionals onto the card base, then I added the Matte Decorative Dots for some bling.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Masculine
- The House That Stamps Built Challenge
- Unicorn Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions
of the year! Are you ready to Sale-A-Brate?
During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn exclusive
products for free!
For every $50 you spend, you
can add your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to
your cart at no additional cost.
Contact me to learn more about Sale-A-Bration, how you
can earn free products, host a party, or join the
Stampin’ Up! family!
Check out Stampin’ Up!’s Promotions HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Leave me a comment! Which “secret” are you going to try?
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE