Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Sentiment as a focal point.” We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. I love large sentiments but the Splitcoaststampers tutorial shows a fun way to add smaller ones to your card. Because this was so easy to make, I will certainly be using this one again, especially since it can be adapted for any size card! Using the Sale-A-Bration Host stamp set, In Your Words, this technique was perfect for the great sentiments included in this set.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers’ Sentiment Strip Pop-up tutorial to make my card, however I altered it to make this 5-1/2″ square card.
- Dimensions for card base:
- Card Base: 11″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 5-1/2″
- Card Front: DSP – 4-7/8″ square and white cardstock – 5″ square
- Inside: DSP – 10-1/2″ x 5″ and scored at 4-1/2,” 5-1/4,” and 6″
Now, the FUN Part!
- After applying the layers on the card front, I began cutting out cardstocks with the Encircled In Beauty dies. After that, I popped them up with dimensionals.
- Then, I stamped “Happy Birthday” in Cinnamon Cider ink, cut it out with the die in Beauty of Friendship and layered it onto another strip of Cinnamon Cider cardstock.
- Once that was done, I added the champagne rhinestones and then decided to add a couple of ferns from Forever Flourishing.
- To complete the inside, I cut the DSP, scored it and adhered it to the card base with the mountain fold in the middle. SECRET: I lined up the middle score line with the card base score line, then added the adhesive to the back and closed the card carefully on both sides.
- Once that was complete, all I had to do was stamp the sentiments from In Your Words and Encircled in Warmth. Then, I cropped them out with the stitched rectangle dies and adhered them to the mountain fold.
- Finally, I added a rectangle to add my message when I’m ready to send the card.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on October 13th. Our theme will be Fantastic Fun Folds and 3D Projects when participants showcase fun fold cards or 3D items that will be great for any occasion. Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Kim Webb at Just Paper, LLC Product List
This card is so pretty! The layered pop up sentiment is unexpected. I haven’t seen that technique in quite a while. Thank you for such a great reminder.
So awesome…love the sentiment popping up…will have to make one! Beautiful card!
Your cards are always so much more than “a card,” Debbie ~ more like a gift in an envelope. This is amazing!
Great card, love the layering and the surprise sentiments!
I am dubbing you the Queen of Fun-Fold. The sentiments on the inside are fabulous.
This is stunning. I love how you have done the inside. Beautiful inspiration. Love Dawn x
Debbie, great card with a “WOW” inside!
Debbie, such a beautiful card! This is a favorite fold of mine and such a great way to use multiple sentiments. Always adds such a WOW factor.
What a different way to do the inside. I love that idea.
Wow Debbie! Love this fun fold. What a great way to add a few sentiments to your card.
Wow, I’ve never seen this fun card, and the awesome treatment of the sentiments! Beautiful design, too!
Love it Debbie! Fun sentiment pop ups too!
Such a great way to use multiple sentiments!
The Pop-up sentiments are so fun! I will have to try this out.
Beautiful work here Debbie! Always a pleasure to see how you put your own stamp on our Pals Hop! Your sentiment surprise inside is delightful:) Be Well Friend!
So pretty and I love the pop of sentiments on the inside.