Sisterhood of Crafters starts a new challenge today – “Stencils” – which I couldn’t wait to do! I really don’t use stencils enough but the new decorative masks in the holiday catalog were calling my name. Therefore, pairing it with the Snowflake Wishes bundle, I made this wintery holiday card. Also, I would consider this a clean and simple card – at least for me LOL!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along with our challenge, which ends October 2nd!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base of this card was started by cutting Balmy Blue cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- Card Dimensions: Stenciled Panel is 5″ square and the Balmy Blue layer is 5 1/8.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Yes, the fun part was creating the background by taking the decorative mask and taping it down over white cardstock. Then, using a brayer, I sponged Pacific Point ink over it till all of the areas were covered well.
- After that, I cut the frame die from the So Many Snowflakes collection twice, once with white cardstock and again with the stenciled panel. Then, I stamped the sentiment onto the white piece.
- I wanted this to be layered onto Pacific Point but didn’t like that color peeking through the cut out areas in the sentiment, so I adhered it onto Balmy Blue cardstock that’s the same size. Then, they were adhered to Balmy Blue cardstock and the card base.
- Finally, I cut the snowflakes out with more Pacific Point and Balmy Blue cardstock, layered them together and finished them off with blue gems.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge
- Mix It Up Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Sale-A-Bration is one of our biggest promotions
of the year! Are you ready to Sale-A-Brate?
During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn exclusive
products for free!
For every $50 you spend, you
can add your pick of Sale-A-Bration products to
your cart at no additional cost.
Contact me to learn more about Sale-A-Bration, how you
can earn free products, host a party, or join the
Stampin’ Up! family!
Check out Stampin’ Up!’s Promotions HERE
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE