It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. Have you made a double easel card before? Well, it’s definitely one of my favorite fun folds, probably because the recipient doesn’t have to figure it out! I made this one, using the Beauty of Friendship bundle and love how it turned out! HERE is a link to another one I made with the Plentiful Plants bundle if you want to see more inspiration.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card dimensions for this A6-sized double easel fun fold are:
- Card Base #1: 12″ x 4 1/2″ and scored at 6.”
- Card Base #2: 11 7/16″ x 4 1/4″ and scored at 5 3/4″ and 8 5/8.”
- DSP: 5 7/16″ x 4 1/16″
- DSP: 2 11/16″ x 4 1/16″
- After that, I adhered the card base #2 onto the card base #1.
- Then, I adhered the DSP to the card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was complete, the rest of this card came together so quickly. Firstly, I cut the trees out of the Beauty of the Earth DSP.
- Then, I stamped out the leaves in Bumblebee ink and cropped them out with the coordinating die. After that, they were popped up with dimensionals onto the main panel.
- Once the back panel was complete, all I had to do was cut the “thanks” out with the Taylored Expressions Block Party – Thanks die. Unfortunately, this die is no longer sold from them, but I love using it and it sure was perfect for my card today. After that, I cut the paper to fit the front panel and popped it up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- Then, I decided that I could add more sentiments, so I stamped the ones from Ornate Thanks with Soft Suede ink and cropped them out with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Finally, the trees looks a bit sad and lonely, so I cropped out a couple of birds from the same DSP for a little life on my card. I just love how this card turned out and think it’s suitable for anyone on your list.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge
- Creative Knockouts Challenge
- Little Red Wagon Challenge
- Stamping Sensations Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- We Love Chocolate Baroque Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE