Make My Monday starts a new challenge today – “Outdoor sports.” I have lots of outdoor type stamps but only one that involved sports, For The Win, that I immediately purchased when I found out that my grandchild was going to be a boy. Since his father loves almost all sports, I just know that my little Noah (now 9 months old!) will, too. This stamp set has quite a few sports stamps but chose the two outdoor ones that we enjoy.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline on October 24th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Early Espresso cardstock, cut to 9″ x 6″ and scored at 4-1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- After that, I took Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the football and baseball from For The Win with VersaMark and heat embossed them with Early Espresso embossing powder so I could color them with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends. My first attempt led to the alcohol ink bleeding outside the lines (I’m sure that was “operator error”!) so thought embossing would be a better idea for me. Then, I cut them out with rounded square dies.
- Once completed, I took at panel of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped the banners and the birthday sentiment. SECRET: I used my Stamparatus to place the banners in a perfect line! So easy to do in no time since the stamping plate can be moved across the cardstock.
- As you might know about me already, this was looking a bit flat for me, so I restamped the banners, colored them with the dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend marker, and fussy cut them out. Then, I restamped the birthday sentiment in Early Espresso ink and fussy cut the “MVP” after coloring them in with the same marker.
- Before adhering those, I ran the entire panel through my die cutting machine in the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- Then, I cut a 3/4″ strip of the cork paper and cut the ends with the Banner Pick A Punch and adhered it to the middle of the card and popped up the banners, sports stamps and sentiment with dimensionals. After that, I layered the panel onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock (cuz I love layers, ya know!).
- Finally, I added the Pumpkin Pie Enamel Shapes for some fun bling.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 2 Sisters On The Blog Challenge
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Love to Draft Challenge
- Send A Smile 4 Kids Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Preorder from January – June Catalog begins
2 November 2021 through 3 January 2022
Enter and explore Eden with the Eden’s Garden Collection! This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- Also, you can find the list of retired products I have for sale on the menu above or click HERE
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE