It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. I am always on the lookout for a different fun fold, so this one from Patty Bennett looked like a great one to try. Using the Pretty Pumpkins bundle and the beautiful Blackberry Beauty designer paper, this card went together without too much work at all.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Cinnamon Cider 12×12 cardstock, cut to 12″ x 9.” Then, I scored it in half in both directions and cut off the bottom left panel (see photo).
- Secret: Next time I make this card, I am going to have the front panel just a smidge wider than the inside panels. Once I scored and folded it, the front didn’t quite cover the inside panels. It’s easier to trim once you folded it if you don’t want it longer. But there’s no way to make it longer once you folded it.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Honestly, the hardest part of this card was making the window on the front using DSP as a panel. Patty didn’t really show that in her video. Hopefully, you are a pro at that and are laughing at me right now. However, if you’d rather skip the window, it doesn’t make this fun fold any less appealing.
- Next, I cut the DSP to cover two panels, and used the piece from cutting the “window” for the other panel. After adhering them to the cardstock, I began the process of cutting/coloring the pumpkins and stamping sentiments.
- Then, I began placing them all on the panels. Finally, I added the Brushed Metallic Dots for the bling that every card should have!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge – Dies/Stencils
- Cardz 4 Galz Challenge – Autumn/Fall
- Creative Moments Challenge
- Paper Funday Challenge – Anything Goes with the option of Autumn
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Autumn Blessings
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE