Sisterhood of Crafters starts a new challenge today, “Wreaths” and I am the host for this theme. Firstly, I just love wreaths on a holiday card since they always seem to be traditional home decor during the holiday season. Then, Stampin’ Up! has a great new bundle called Sparkle Of The Season with lovely stamps and dies that I thought would be perfect for this theme.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this card is 6″ square, so I used 12″ white cardstock, cut to 6″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the beautiful Ever Eden DSP to 3-3/4″ x 6″, Evening Evergreen cardstock to 3-15/16″ x 6″ and Soft Succulent cardstock to 4-1/4″ x 6.”
- Then, they were all adhered together onto the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, to make the wreath, I cut the fir die three times with the Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent cardstocks as well as foam adhesive sheet to gave it more dimension.
- After that, I cut the wreath with leaves with white cardstock to brighten it up a bit. Then, I stamped and cut the holly branches as well as the pine cones.
- Since I wanted to give the wreath just a little bling, I cut out the small holly with Be Dazzling paper and gave the Soft Succulent wreath and the pine cones a quick swish of Wink of Stella.
- Finally, I made a triple bow with Crumb Cake baker’s twine since every wreath needs a bow, right?
- Then, for the sentiment, I simply stamped and cut out the sentiment with the die in the Eden dies. SECRET: It might be better to stamp the sentiment after cutting out the die. But, with just a bit of effort, I don’t think the sentiment suffered too much by stamping it first. After that, I cut a strip of the Be Dazzling paper to layer under the sentiment, and popped them up with dimensionals. Finally, I added just a couple of Metallic Pearls onto the sentiment.
I’m sharing my cards with these challenges:
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- Get Creative Challenge
- Merry Little Christmas Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
Preorder from January – June Catalog begins
2 November 2021 through 3 January 2022
Enter and explore Eden with the Eden’s Garden Collection! This delightful and desirable collection includes early-release products from the January–June 2022 Mini Catalog—a bundle of stamps and dies that’s blooming with beauty and bounty. Plus, exclusive products you can’t uncover anywhere else—a pack of paper patterned with green and gold, a set of specialty sheets for gift-giving and textured touches, and a sparkling set of gleaming gems!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order?Product List
Beautifully done Debbie. Such pretty green tones. Love Dawn x
Absolutely beautiful card Debbie!! I love everything about it, what a lovely design it is ‘sistah’!!
Debbie, this is a beautiful card. I love the pretty wreath, DSP, and sweet sentiment. Your tips are always concise and easy to follow. Enjoy your day!
WOW what a beautiful wreath card Debbie! LOVE the colors … so soft & pretty!
another beautiful creation; tfs!
Hi Debbie, This is gorgeous and glorious colours…love challenge too. xx
Simply beautiful Debbie. Lovely dp and your wreath is gorgeous. Fabulous challenge!
Such a beautiful wreath card, Debbie – so glad you shared it with us at Die Cut Divas!!
SO SO beautiful my friend! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.
That strip of Be Dazzling paper was a fab idea! Just the right amount of bling!
Beautiful colors, design and style. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas, https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/
Oh Debbie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color palette with the touch of gold. So elegant and festive for this time of year. Beautifully done!