Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is “Home for the Holidays”. We really hope that you enjoy and are inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, don’t forget to leave comments because we love hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal. When I think of my childhood holiday memories, I think of lots of baking and homemade decorations! So, I set out to make a card that captured that, using Sweets & Treats stamp set. Can’t you just taste all of the goodies?
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, my card started with 12″ white cardstock, then cut on one side at 6.” After that, I scored it at 6.”
- Then, I chose two patterned papers from Gingerbread & Peppermint and Heartwarming Hugs paper packs.
- I cut the checkered paper with the Basic Border die, and cut the window out of the Gingerbread & Peppermint paper.
- After that, I cut the window a few times with white cardstock, then lastly with the Harvest Meadow patterned paper to resemble the view outside. SECRET: I layered the main part of the window together with Tombow glue. To add the paper that looks like the view outside, all I did was add wide packaging tape on the back of the window. Then, turning back to the front, I gently placed the pieces onto the tape. Easy!
Now, the FUN Part!
- I just loved stamping, coloring and fussy cutting all of the pretty holiday foods from the Sweets & Treats stamp set! (All of the stampin’ blends used are listed below.)
- Once the food snips were all done, I cut the two ornaments for wall hangings. After that, I decided the apples needed a plate to rest on, so I cut one from the Tasteful Labels dies.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Soft Suede ink.
To keep the theme going, I cut two strips of the Gingerbread & Peppermint paper used on the card front and fussy cut out the star that just seemed to go perfectly with this card.
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on December 8th. Our theme will be “My Favorite Things” with our design team showcasing some of their favorite products from any catalog they choose.Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Annette Elliott at AESTAMPS A LATTE
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping <<== YOU ARE HERE
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, INK
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
This is adorable! And looks ready to eat!
Love this card! SO many elements to it.
I want to be in that kitchen NOW. Love it.
So creative Debbie! Love it!
So many adorable details here Debbie! Great fun to see how you put your own stamp on our hop Pal!
Oh my! So cute! I love the details.
This is so cute! And that fruitcake!
Such a “sweet” scene, Debbie! Love all the detail!
Wow, this is an AMAZING card!! So much detail in each part. I’m LOVING that there is no vegetables, etc. Just sweet treats! My kind of celebration! Lol!
Thanks for sharing your incredible talent and being such an inspiration to fellow card makers! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Wow, this is a sweet and special card Debbie! Love all the yummy treats!
Love your “sweet” card Debbie! Makes me hungry for some dessert.
Oh my goodness, your card is adorable! Fantastic coloring of your fun baking scene. Love it, Debbie!
I love your card, Debbie!
This is so adorable! Love the ornament for wall decor! Thanks for the tip about the packing tape! Fun card!
I love all of the details! What a great project.
That looks so delicious. Love Dawn x
OMG! So cute! I love all the little details.
This is great, so clever.
Absolutely love your card! So creative, festive and so much fun to look at all of your details. A very happy card, thanks for sharing this fabulous piece of art!
Wow! Debbie, you thought of everything to put in this adorable scene. Love it! Enjoy your day!