It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. Firstly, the Impossible card I made today was a fun challenge for me! I used Eden’s Garden and (preorder from the next mini catalog!) with Hand-Penned Petals for this card. This fun fold really isn’t difficult so I hope you’ll give it a try.
My secrets to making this project
- I honestly believe that this card fold is magical, so I would have named it the Magical Card, not the Impossible Card, and used the photos in this Splitcoaststampers tutorial, using 5″ x 7″ cardstock, to figure it out.
- After that, I scored at 1-1/2″ on the 5″ side. Then, on one side of the 7″ side, I cut down to the score line at 3-1/2.” Then, on the other side, I cut down to the score line at 1-1/2″ on both ends.
- After that, I cut the Heart & Home (Sneak Peek!) DSP #1: 2 pieces of 3-14″ x 2-1/4″ and 2 pieces of 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4.” Then, for the center panel, I cut two pieces at 2-1/4″ x 3-7/8.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped and colored the Hand-Penned flower with Pale Papaya Stampin’ blends for the flower. Then, I stamped the flower again and used a blender pen to bring out just a touch of ink onto the leaves. After that, I cut it out with its coordinating die.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment from Eden’s Garden and punched it out with the Double Oval Punch and punched out the layering oval with Pale Papaya cardstock. Then, I cropped out the die from the Eden dies to add a little stability of the cardand layered the sentiment on top. Also, I added a small stitched square for a message.
- For the other side, I stamped the sentiment from Eden’s Garden, then cropped it out with the small frame from the Eden’s dies. Then, cut out a second one with Garden Green cardstock and glued them together.
- After that, I stamped the “Happy Birthday” from In Your Words and cropped it out with the banner from Snow Time dies and layered it with a Garden Green panel with the other die from that set.
- Once that was done, I cut out the flower from Hand-Penned Petals and colored it with Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends after punching out the little pieces. To get the flower back together, I added a little piece of scotch tape to the back and placed the pieces back.
And, It’s Done!
- Lastly, I stamped and cropped out the little flower and popped it out onto a Stitched Shapes oval. Then, colored some Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon with Pale Papaya Stampin’ Blends to deepen the color a bit and adhered to the card base before placing the oval on top.
- Finally, I added the Genial Gems on both sides for the all-too-necessary bling.
- This card folds pretty flat for mailing, so give it a go!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Aud Sentiments Challenge
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Die Cuts & Punches
- Krafty Chicks Challenge – All Occasions
- Seize The Birthday Challenge
- Shopping Our Stash Challenge – 3 sentiments!
- Stinkin’ Inkers Challenge – Impossible Card
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE