It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE, along with the link to enter the current challenge. My card today uses the sweet Happy Holly-Days, that is so cute for Christmas but I wanted to use it for a thank you/Thanksgiving card. If you follow me, you will have seen my love for birds so this stamp set just had to be part of my collection.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- I have made this type of fun fold a couple of time before, but this time I went with the A2 size.
- Cardstock measurements:
- Bumblebee Cardstock
- 4-1/4” x 8-1/2” scored at ½,” 1-1/2,” 3” and 4”
- 2-1/2” x 4-1/4” scored at ½” and 1-1/2”
- DSP #1: 4” x 2-7/8,” 4″ x 1-1/4″
- DSP #2: 2-1/4″ x 3/4,” 2-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Bumblebee Cardstock
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I cut the cardstock and adhered them to each other.
- After that, I cut the DSPs and brayered Bumblebee ink to each one. Then, I added just a random smidge of Mango Melody stampin blends to the bases of each leaf.
- Once that was done, I stamped the Happy Holly-Days bird with Memento ink and started layering it with Smoky Slate and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends.
- Then, I cut the wreath from Seasonal Swirls die collection in Bumblebee cardstock, then colored both sides of the wreath with Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends. It was a total surprise to me that it turned the wreath to a nice shade of brown. I quite like it! That that, I touched each of the leaves with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends. The bow was made with white baker’s twine and colored with the Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment with Memento black ink and cut it with the Stitched Shapes oval die, then cut the leaf from Intricate Leaves dies to layer underneath.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Art Impressions Challenge – I’m Thankful for…
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenge – Thank you/Thankful
- Critter Crazy Challenge
- Paper Funday Challenge – Thanks/Thankful/Grateful
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge – Thank You/Thanksgiving
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All About Occasions
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List
Debbie, I love this beautiful fun-fold card. Your brayering of the DSP is awesome. The leaves are very fallish!! The little bird is precious. Great job! The recipient will be thrilled to receive it. Enjoy your day!
This is a great card, I haven’t seen this style before and will definitely be giving it ago! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Fundays Challenge. Kate x
This is so lovely. My dad loved birds. He would love this. I’d have to colour it yellow like his beloved canaries. Love Dawn x
Beautiful fun fold card and pretty bird… love the die cut circle you used.
Oh that birdie! And those amazing folds!
Oh wow!!!! This is just fantstic! Amazing fold and beautiful colours!
Thanks for playing along with our Critter Crazy Challenges and good luck!
Hugs and please come back soon!
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
*GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY
This is a beautiful fun fold card- thanks for a great challenge.
Amazing card and design. Love everything about it! Thank you for joining us on Critter Crazy Challenge Blog! Pam, DT
This is totally adorable! I love the colors and the unique design. The little bird on the front is the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing with us at the Critter Crazy Challenge, and good luck! 🙂
~Marie B -DT
Love you card ….. thank you for joining in over at Crafty Gals Challenge Corner
Love your card. Very cute. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door the week. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy Dt