HAPPY HOLIDAYS! It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. It’s been four years since I made my first pop-up diorama card, which you can see HERE. This fun fold is so easy to make and folds flat for mailing! The inspiration for this card was to make a classic card that would look nice all year round so the calendar would be functional, yet pretty enough to display. What do you think??
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers tutorial and changed the dimensions to:
- Cardstock measurements: Card base: 6″ x 12″ and scored at 4″, 7-1/2″, 8′, and 11-1/2.″
- DSP (3): 3-7/8″ x 5-7/8″
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I made the card base, scoring and burnishing the folds with my bone folder. After that, I added all of the designer papers.
- After that, I used the circle die from Stitched Shapes to cut a window into the inside of the card.
- Then, using the wreath die from the Seasonal Swirls dies, I cut out white, Sahara Sand and Soft Succulent cardstock and layered them over the window.
- Once that was done, I stamped the sentiments from In Your Words and Eden’s Garden. “Sending Hugs” was fussy cut, then carefully popped up with dimensionals so that it would show up with the card open. Once that was done to my liking, I added a strong adhesive to the end of the card, carefully closing the card to put it in the perfect spot. This card folds flat for mailing!
- After that, I added the other sentiment and the 2022 calendar.
- Then, for the card front, I cut out the large rectangular wreath from the Eden dies, applying glue with a sponge to keep most of the pieces in place.
- Next, I cut the word sentiments from Word Wishes with foam adhesive sheets and more designer paper.
- Finally, I added some bling with In Color Jewels.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Dies or Punches
- Lemon Shortbread Challenge
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge – Fancy Fold Card
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE