The new Creative Creases challenge is already up and running! As I explained on Friday, this fun fold card is a bit late but I hope you like it! I used some fun new dies from My Favorite Things to make a mini slimline card in a box. Then, I stamped and cut the images from Peaceful Deer stamp set for an easy card that packs a little wow factor.
If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge!! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge.
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, using the My Favorite Things Mini Slimline dies, I cut out the card base. These dies were so intriguing to me so I had to get them. It did make this card go fast and easy plus I liked the stitched panels. However, I have the measurements below if you would like to make your own.
- And, once completed, this card will fold flat for mailing!
Now, the FUN Part!
- Cardstock measurements:
- Back Panel: 3-1/4″ x 5″
- Front Panel: 1″ x 6″ and scored at 1/2″ on both ends
- Sides panels are 2″ x 2-1/2″ then score at 1/2″ on the 2-1/2″ side on both ends. Then, measure and cut to 1″ from score line to score line and trim off the flap.
- I made two hills, measuring 1″ x 6″ and scoring at 1/2″ on both ends.
- Once I had cut all of the pieces and added the DSP, I attached one side only so I could easily add the stamped images. Once the trees were stamped and fussy cut, I taped them to the back of the hills.
- After that, I stamped the deer with Sahara Sand and added Soft Suede around the edges of his body for a little dimension. Then, I punched him out with the coordinating punch.
- Then, I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch, and popped with dimensionals. After that, I wanted a little more next to the sentiment so I stamped and fussy cut the little rabbit out.
- Finally, for the front of the card, I added the Snowflake Sequins across the top of the back panel.
- Of course, for any card, you need a place to write a message to I cut out the DSP to cover the back and white cardstock for the message.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge – wings or tails
- Country View Challenge – Christmas
- Critter Crazy Challenge
- Die Cut Divas Challenge
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Dies or Punches
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge – fun fold
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE