Alphabet Challenge has a fun new challenge starting today – “V is for Vehicle.” I immediately thought of the new Best Delivery stamp set, since I am collecting cute masculine stuff for my grandson. So, I decided to make a gift card holder birthday card and pair it up with the new Slimline dies – I just love how this card turned out.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of February 11th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, the card base started with Soft Succulent 12″ cardstock, scored at 4″ and 8.” Then, to make the gift card holder, I trimmed the end at 9-3/4″ to fold it over to hold a gift card.
Now, the FUN Part!
- This slimline card started by cutting white cardstock with the Slim Card dies. After that, I colored the cut parts with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends brush, mainly because it would be a little softer than cutting cardstock in the same color.
- Then, I stamped the two trucks, stamped the sentiment and colored with Stampin’ Blends. After that, I stamped the bunch of balloons in Misty Moonlight. Once that was done, I fussy cut them out. Then, the Soft Succulent truck was popped up with dimensionals but the white one was adhered directly onto the card base.
- For the inside of the card, I cut Ever Eden DSP to 8-7/8″ x 3-7/8″ and 2″ x 8-7/8.” Then, I cut white cardstock at 8-7/8″ x 3-3/4.” Once those were adhered down, I cut the gift card portion with the Classic Label Punch, then adhered the ends to the inside of the card.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment from A Grand Kid (a must-have for any parents or grandparents!), cut it out with the large Stitched Shapes square die, then layered it onto Soft Succulent cardstock. There’s so much more you can do with this slimline card to personalize it for your “smart, fun, sweet and wonderful” person! I know I will when I figure out who it’s going to.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Let’s Craft And Create Challenge – something new (stamp set & slim card dies)
- Creative Crafting Uncles Challenge – Happy Birthday
- AAA Birthday Challenge – Two favorite colors (mine are blue and green – together)
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Something New (stamp set & slim card dies)
- Seize The Birthday Challenge – Anything goes
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE