Welcome to the Pals Fun Folds Blog Hop! We hope you enjoy the inspiration we have for you. You will find the lineup to the other great fun fold stampers at the bottom of my post. I love to make easy fun fold cards! They just add that little bit of detail that makes it stand out from the regular A2 card, don’t you agree? Because I just got a big ole box of SU goodies, I just had to ink up one and decided on the Boughs & Blossoms bundle. It’s just a little out of my comfort zone, so I hope you like it!
Easel cards are right up there as one of my favorites to make, possibly because they are so versatile. Once I created this card (posted last Friday), I was intrigued to alter it just a little and see if this one would be better or at least easier. Are you seeing the versatility now?
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with one piece of Basic White cardstock that I cut 1 5-1/2″ square from. Then, the 3″ strip of cardstock that was cut off was scored at 2-1/8″ and 4-1/4″ to make the easel portion of this card.
- After that, I cut the Friendly Hello DSP to 5-1/4″ square, and 2 pieces of 1-7/8″ x 2-3/4″ as well as Granny Apple Green cardstock, cut to 2-3/4″ x 4″ and embossed in the Tasteful Textile embossing folder to finish off the card base.
- Total disclosure: Once I started working on the fun stuff, I decided to add black cardstock to the card base, so I cut it to 5-5/8″ square.
Now, the FUN Part!
- So, for the fun stuff, I stamped the flowers in inks and fussy cut them out.
- After that, I cut out several leaves from the bough punch and colored them with the Granny Apple Green and just a little Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends. Although this step isn’t necessary, I do like how it looks. I adhered all of the leaves to a small piece of Window Sheet to give the piece some strength, then added the black one on top. Then, I added the flowers.
- Then, I had to search for a good container for this bunch of flowers and stopped when I saw the Tasteful Labels die. So, I cut out two of them – one in black and the other in white. Then, the black one got dry embossed in the Meadow Moments embossing folder for a little detail (sorry, it doesn’t seem to show the photos).
- So, if you are a container gardener, you have certainly heard of the “thriller, filler and spiller” rule for containers. To add the spiller, I found a cute stamp in Plentiful Plants, stamped it in Granny Apple Green and cut it out with its coordinating die.
- Then, I stamped the two sentiments in Tuxedo Black ink and cropped them out. I layered the birthday sentiment with a scrap of black cardstock with dimensionals, then layered it onto the card base with more dimensionals.
- Finally, I added three black adhesive-backed hexagons to hold the easel in place.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Let’s Craft and Create Challenge – Something New (stamp set)
- Die Cut Diva’s Challenge – Floral
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE