It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. If you are anything like me, nothing makes you happier than to give a card that can be displayed. That’s the reason why I enjoy making shadow box frame cards. This card can be given for any occasion since you can use the back of the card for your sentiment and personal message. This Grassy Grove Bundle is brand new in the January-June catalog and I just HAD to have the fantastic background die. I just love it!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I used this Splitcoaststampers tutorial for the frame, using the new Heart & Home designer series paper. The finished size of this card is 4-1/4″ x 6″ so all I had to do was add 2″ to each side so I could fold up the sides to create the frame.
- After that, I carefully folded and adhered all of the sides. I actually forgot to put the background DSP and die into it before I did that part, but no worries! All I had to do was trim them down to the opening size and tuck them in under the frame.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Then, the rest was quick and easy – I cut out the two adorable deer with Crumb Cake cardstock and colored them with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends with an outline of Bronze along the paper’s edge. Although this isn’t necessary, I really like the look that the alcohol markers give to cardstock. Then, I popped up the “mama” deer with dimensionals and just glued down the fawn.
- After that, all I had to do was stamp and cut out the grassy image and glue it down.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Welcoming Woods and punched it out with the new Cloud Punch. I think I will be using that punch a lot for sentiments on scenic cards!
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Cardz 4 Galz Challenge: New Year/New Stash
- Craft Rocket Challenge: Use Dies
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge: Something New
- Time Out Challenge: New
- Festive Friday Challenge: Fancy Fold, Patterned Paper, Punch
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE