Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge has a new challenge starting today! If you love your dies like I do, then you need to join us. My slimline card today uses the Mountain Air stamp set and dies to make an all occasion card. If you haven’t tried a slimline card yet, you should! The size is entirely up to you and you can mail them in a regular business size envelope. The only reason you would pay more than first class postage would be adding embellishments (post office frowns at them!) or lots of layers (my favorite kinda card)! I personally stopped caring about the price of postage to send my cards but this card will be super cheap to send.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the challenge ends on January 31st!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this clean and simple (CAS) slimline card started with Basic Gray cardstock, cut to 8″ x 9″ and scored at 4″ on the 8″ side.
- After that, I only had to cut the Heart & Home designer paper with the Hemstitch slimline die and adhere to the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Then, I stamped the trees with Evening Evergreen ink and cut them out with coordinating dies.
- Next, I cut out four trees with the large tree die from Soft Succulent cardstock and colored two of them with the alcohol markers, adding the darker color onto the tree branch tips. Then, I colored the trunk of the trees with the Bronze marker. Once I was done with that, I adhered the other two trees to the colored ones to give them more dimension.
- Then, onto the sentiment from Love of Leaves, I stamped onto white cardstock, and cut it out with an oval die from Stitched Shapes. After that, I decided to add just a little life to the card with the small birds (definitely one of my favorite stamps for scenic cards).
- Finally, I stamped the cloud with Basic Gray ink and cut it out with its coordinating die.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE