Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today – “Winter CAS” – chosen by Diane. I personally believe that CAS (“clean and simple”) is in the eyes of the person creating it, so this is as CAS as I feel comfortable making! Whenever I want to make a card that is simple, I turn to card kits. I have several sitting on my craft shelves and when I was going through them in an attempt to clean out for the new catalog products, I found just what I wanted in an old Paper Pumpkin kit. Since almost everything I needed was in the kit, I think that qualifies as CAS, don’t you??
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the challenge ends on February 6th!
My secrets to making this project
- The base for this card was created with white cardstock, 6″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2″ on the 9″ side.
- After that, I cut two pieces of white cardstock, cut to 4″ x 5-1/2″ and dry embossed one of them in the Winter Snow embossing folder. The extra piece gives the background just a bit more definition without needing dimensionals.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Well, that was the most work for this card because Paper Pumpkin makes card kits so easy and all inclusive – even adhesives! Firstly, I placed linen thread through the sled and taped them down. Then, it was popped up with dimensionals onto the card base.
- Then, I placed the snowflakes onto the sled, tying a bow with the silver cord and gluing it to the larger snowflake.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment with Early Espresso ink onto white cardstock and popped it up with dimensionals over the sled.
- Finally, I thought the card needed a little “life” so I found a little bird in the Tree Builder Punch, then colored it with the Real Red Stampin’ Blends. Then, it was glued to the sentiment banner. Also, a few red rhinestones were placed around the focal point.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Challenge Up Your Life Challenge – Winter Fun
- Crafters Cafe Challenge – CAS
- Daisy Chain Challenge – Wintertime
- Paper Minutes Challenge – Winter
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE