Make My Monday Challenge has a new theme starting today – “Winter.” I have all the inspiration I need just by looking outside my windows, since we got 16″ of snow last week. So, I added another challenge by making a card with purple as the dominant color. I don’t have anything bad to say about purple but it’s just not a “go-to” for me and I think it’s time to play with it, even if it’s just the Subtle one, Highland Heather. Since I like nontraditional holiday cards, I decided to use the Encircled in Warmth sentiment and got a jump on next year’s holiday cards.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of January 30th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with a white piece of cardstock that was cut to 9″ x 6″ and scored at 4-1/2″ on the 9″ side.
- After that, I cut a piece of Highland Heather cardstock to 4″ x 5-5/8″ then dry embossed it in the Winter Snow embossing folder.
- Then, I took the retired Delicata Silvery Shimmer Pigment Ink and sponged it all over the cardstock so that it had a beautiful shimmer. I sure wish the photos could capture it!
- Once that was complete, I layered it onto the Silver Foil specialty paper.
Now, the FUN Part!
- After getting the card base completed, the rest of the card was super fun to do! I got out the Silver Foil once again and started cutting lots of snowflakes in all of the different shade. Then, I started stacking and gluing.
- After that, I stamped the Encircled In Warmth sentiment cut cut it out with the stitched circle die. Then, I layered it onto the Stitched So Sweetly die. Before layering it onto the card base, I wrapped it a few times with the white baker’s twine and added a cute retired snowflake embellishment. Then, it was adhered it to the card base.
- I added the snowflakes around the sentiment .
- Finally, for the finishing touch, I colored the little epoxy shapes with Highland Heather stampin’ blends and placed them into all of the snowflake centers.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Crafty Gals Corner Challenge: Snow Much Fun
- Craft Rocket Challenge: Use Dies
- Cut It Up Challenge: Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy Challenge: Winter Fun
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge: Anything Goes
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge: Anything Goes
- Through the Purple Haze Challenge: Anything Goes
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE