Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today, “For a Lady: Feminine with Flowers” – chosen by Sistah Annie. I don’t know about you but I am ready for spring, so this theme was perfect for me. Firstly, to chase the winter doldrums away, I went for bright, beautiful colors with the Flowering Fields designer paper. Then, I used my favorite flowers in the new Stampin’ Up bundle, Flowering Tulips. I just love how this card turned out!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of February 20th!
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, the card base is 6″ square – 12″ x 6″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut the Flowering Fields designer paper to a 5-3/4″ square. Then, cut the Tulip designer paper to a 4-3/4″ square and layered it onto white cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was completed, I cut out the pieces of the Tulips dies in both Poppy Parade and Calypso Coral. Before I started piecing them together, I sponged the Calypso Coral ones with a light dusting of Poppy Parade. I’m not sure if you can see that in the photos but the little color is nice on them.
- Then, I stamped the stems and leaves with Old Olive ink and cut them out.
- Using the oval die, I cut out white cardstock and arranged the flowers, stems and leaves with glue.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the Tasteful Labels die and popped it up with dimensionals over the stems.
- Finally, to add just a tad more femininity to the card, I made a triple loop bow with Crinkled Seam Binding ribbon and colored a few Polished Dots with the dark Old Olive Stampin’ Blends marker.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Allsorts Challenge – Anything Goes with option of Red Flowers
- Dream Valley Challenge – 2 or More Patterned Papers
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Hearts or Flowers
- Let’s Craft and Create Challenge –
- Seize The Birthday Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
- Watercooler Wednesday Challenge – All About Occasions
- Colorful Options Challenge – Red
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE