Alphabet Challenge has a new challenge starting today, “W is for Winter.” Yep, it sure is winter here in Michigan, so it wasn’t hard to find inspiration for this card. Firstly, I bought the Peaceful Cabin bundle before it retired for my stash. This card was quick and easy (my favorite!), using the beautiful designer paper that I had put aside for this bundle. Keeping the card gray and white certainly adds to the feel of winter, doesn’t it?
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card base is 6″ square, 6″ x 12″ white cardstock and scored at 6″
- Basic Gray cardstock: 5-5/8″ square and DSP ended up at 5-7/16″ square.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Then, I stamped the cabin in Basic Gray ink and cropped it out with the coordinating die, trimming it up to adhere to the DSP.
- After that, I stamped the fence three times, then cut one of them so that they would span across the wintry scene.
- Once that was added to the card base, I stamped the small tree (just one out of the three), cropped it out and fussy cut the base. Then, I popped it up with dimensionals after the fence.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment, cropped it out with the small die from Tags & Labels and layered it onto a piece of Basic Gray cardstock.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge
- Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round Challenge – Cottage or Cabin
- Creative Crafting Uncles Challenge – Happy Birthday
- Four Seasons Challenge
- Papercraft Challenge – Winter Wonderland
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE