Hello again, my friends! Alphabet Challenge has a new theme starting today – “X is for Xanthic” which means “relating to, or tending toward a yellow color.” In other words, we are looking for yellow on your projects. My card today was created with stencils that are new in the mini catalog called Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks. They were so much fun to use! These stencils allowed me to control the amount of ink on the flowers as well as the background. Then, I added the butterflies and sentiment from Catching Butterflies and lots of texture to finish the card.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of March 10th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this A6 card was made with thick white cardstock,
- Once the focal panel was complete, it was layered onto So Saffron cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- This card started with stencilling a piece of white cardstock, that had been adhered to my work station with the stencil and all of the other stencil images covered so I would accidently get ink where I didn’t want it.
- Then, using my blending brushes (but you can use whatever you have available), I layered So Saffron and Bumblebee inks onto the layering floral stencil. After that, I cut it out with the circle die.
- After that, I did the same process with the floral stencil onto another piece of white cardstock. Then, I stamped the sweet butterflies and colored them with the Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends marker. Once completed, I embossed it with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
- I like to save the negative piece of cardstock when I cut out rectangles, so I actually got to use one for this card! Firstly, I embossed it with the Bricks & Mortar embossing folder, then I layered it over the background. After that, I adhered it to the card base.
- Finally, I stamped the Catching Butterflies sentiment onto So Saffron cardstock and cut it out with the die from Potted Succulents. Then, I added a little bow of white bakers twine to complete the card.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- NBUS Challenge #35 (stamp set and masks)
- Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge – Add Some Texture
- We Love Stamping Challenge
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE