Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today – “3 Hearts” on your card. Since today is Valentine’s Day, I thought I would make my husband a rare Valentine’s card! LOL This theme was rather difficult for me since no one in my family enjoys hearts on their cards. Therefore, I thought if I used more masculine colors, I might get away with it on this special day. I went through my retired stash to find something suitable and lucked out finding Sure Do Love You. It even has coordinating dies! Then, I used current patterned paper from Sunshine & Rainbows to keep the hearts coming.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of February 27th!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this card started with white cardstock, cut at 5-3/4″ x 9″ and score at 4-1/2″.
- After that, I cut the Sunshine & Rainbows designer paper with the die. Then, I layered it onto Basic Gray cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was done, I started stamping the sentiment and hearts and cropped them out with the coordinating dies.
- I cut the shapes from Hippo & Friends , then layered them with the sentiment and hearts.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment for the bottom of the card and cropped it out with the banner die. Then, I stamped the leaves, cut them out and layered them with a little bakers twine bow.
- Finally, I added a few Classic Matte Dots to finish the card.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Creative Knockouts Challenge – Valentine’s Day
- Dragonfly Dreams Challenge – Love
- International Art & Soul Challenge – Light and Dark
- Moving Along With The Times Challenge – Love Anniversary Wedding
- My Time To Craft Challenge – All You Need Is Love
- Sweet Stampers Challenge – Love, Love, Love
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE