Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge has a new challenge starting today, so if you love using dies as much as I do, then hopefully you will be inspired today to join us. Since I am still accumulating new products from the new mini catalog, I wanted to use the new Tulip Fields bundle. Tulips have always been one of my most favorite flowers, and this bundle reminded me of a wonderful trip we took to Amsterdam many, many years ago. Since I have many photos of that trip, I decided to use the old, retired On Film die so that the card front would resemble a polaroid photo.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this card is an A2 card, sorta a rarity for me!
- The card base is Calypso Coral, cut to 4-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- After the card base was done, I began stamping the focal image with the flowers, first stamping in the middle of the cardstock and working my way around till I could end with the large stamp that makes the horizon.
- Once that was done, I cut the panel with the On Film die. Then, I cut a second one was for the “Polaroid” frame.
- Then, I lightly brushed Balmy Blue ink around the top half of of the scenic piece and stamped the clouds. After that, I cut out the two fences and glued them down.
- Next, I stamped the windmill and colored it very lightly with Stampin’ Blends, then cut it out with the coordinating die.
- Once I was done with it, I layered it onto black cardstock and popped it up onto the card base with dimensionals.
- This is where I decided to add the wonderful bicycle and the brass butterflies for a little sign of life.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Boughs & Blossoms and cut it to the same width of the panel, then added a simple bow and Brushed Metallic Dots on the bicycle.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Pattie’s Creations Challenge
- Stamping Sensations Challenge
- We Love Stamping Challenge
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE