Make My Monday has a new challenge today – “Use a Stencil” – so once again I brought out the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks from the mini catalog. This time I used the background floral stencil and sponged Petal Pink ink with a blending brush. It wasn’t till I started this blog post that I realized that there was no stamping at all on this card. Although it was absolutely unintentional, I really love that the word dies don’t cover up the stencilled background. Then, the pretty flower from the Pierced Blooms dies was a sweet detail to bring it all together.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of April 10!
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- This card was supposed to be an A6 size card, but it ended up at 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″ due to the stitched rectangle. No worries!
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I taped white cardstock to my craft mat, then placed the stencil over it and taped that in place. Using a blending brush, I added Petal Pink ink over the stencil till I was happy with the ink color.
- After that, I cut black and white cardstock with the the Amazing Thanks dies. Secret: I laid the white cardstock onto a piece of adhesive sheet before cutting it with the dies, and it made putting the words together a piece of cake!
- Then, I cut out the Pierced Blooms flower, leaves and stem, with the flower being popped up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I added a few Classic Matte dots onto the flower center as well as a few of the stencilled flowers to finish the card with just the perfect amount of bling.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE