Hi there, crafty friends! The Alphabet Challenge has a new challenge starting today – Y is for Your Favorite Color Combination.” I would have to say that I love to combine blues and greens the most but there’s lots of colors I enjoy combining, depending on the time of year. So, for spring I thought Pacific Point and Garden Green would be a fresh color combination for the Amazing Silhouettes stamp set. This set is wonderful for all types of card styles, especially clean and simple.
Do you have a go-to color combo? Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of March 24th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Pacific Point 12″ cardstock, cut to 4-1/2″ x 12″ and scored at 6.”
- After that, I cut white cardstock to 5-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ as well as the Hand-Penned designer paper just 1/8″ shy of that size and layered them together.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the beautiful tree silhouette stamp in Pacific Point ink. Then, I cropped it out with the Ornate Layers die and layered it onto Pacific Point so that a little color peeked through.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment from Dragonfly Garden and cropped it out with the oval die in Stitched Shapes. Before popping it up, with dimensionals, I tied the white baker’s twine into a bow around the panel. Once the sentiment was in place, I popped the entire panel onto the card base.
- Then, to add a little life to the card, I stamped the dragonfly in black ink, colored the wings with the Seaside Spray and Pool Party stampin’ Blends markers (VERY lightly with the Seaside Spray and just made little swipes with the Pool Party). Then, I covered the wings with Wink of Stella.
- Finally, my bling to the dragonfly came from the NEW Waves rhinestones and absolutely LOVE them!
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Through the Craft Room Door Challenge
- We Love Stamping Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE