It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The two winners for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE, along with the link to enter the current challenge.
Using the Splitcoaststampers Pocket Front Card tutorial, I created this card with Easter Friends that is perfect for spring, Easter, or any occasion at all. Here is the first card I made with the fun fold.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made the card base with thick white cardstock. Score a half sheet of cardstock (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″) at 4 1/4” on the long side.
- After that, I marked the card in the middle at the bottom flap, then made marks on both sides at 1-1/2″ from the score line. Then, I made score lines to create the point at the bottom of the card.
- Once the base was complete, I cut a 3-1/2″ square of patterned paper, then cut across from corner to corner to create 2 triangles. One triangle was glued to the flap and the second was cut in half to adhere to the two corners.
- I cut another piece of patterned paper at 1-3/8″ x 5-1/4.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the adorable baby duck with Smoky Slate ink to give it a soft look. Then, I colored it with various yellows, starting with So Saffron then Daffodil Delight with his beak and feet colored with the Light Daffodil Delight. Once I was satisfied, I fussy cut it out and lightly sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink.
- After that, I cut out 9 of the tall grass that I found in Honeybee Blooms die collection with Soft Sea Foam cardstock. Then, I colored 3 with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, 3 with Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends and left 3 alone. After that, I cut the grass patch with Soft Sea Foam and colored it with Soft Sea Foam and dabs of Old Olive for just a little variety. They were all glued down and the duck popped up with dimensionals over the top of them.
- Next, I stamped the Honeybee Home flowers with Memento ink and colored them with Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight ink. Then, I cropped them with the coordinating die.
- Finally, I stamped with Honeybee Home sentiment and cropped it out with the Banner Pick A Punch. Then, I added the jewels to the flowers and banner.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Use an animal
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Crafty Animals Challenge
- Creative Knockouts Challenge – Spring is in the air
- Critter Crazy Challenge
- Let’s Craft And Create Challenge – Purple & Green
- Mix It Up Challenge – ATG w/ optional Fun Fold
- TIME OUT Challenge – Cute
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE