It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The two winners for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE, along with the link to enter the current challenge.
Using the Splitcoaststampers Pocket Front Card tutorial, I created this card with Easter Friends that is perfect for spring, Easter, or any occasion at all. Here is the first card I made with the fun fold.
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, I made the card base with thick white cardstock. Score a half sheet of cardstock (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″) at 4 1/4” on the long side.
- After that, I marked the card in the middle at the bottom flap, then made marks on both sides at 1-1/2″ from the score line. Then, I made score lines to create the point at the bottom of the card.
- Once the base was complete, I cut a 3-1/2″ square of patterned paper, then cut across from corner to corner to create 2 triangles. One triangle was glued to the flap and the second was cut in half to adhere to the two corners.
- I cut another piece of patterned paper at 1-3/8″ x 5-1/4.”
Now, the FUN Part!
- Firstly, I stamped the adorable baby duck with Smoky Slate ink to give it a soft look. Then, I colored it with various yellows, starting with So Saffron then Daffodil Delight with his beak and feet colored with the Light Daffodil Delight. Once I was satisfied, I fussy cut it out and lightly sponged the edges with Daffodil Delight ink.
- After that, I cut out 9 of the tall grass that I found in Honeybee Blooms die collection with Soft Sea Foam cardstock. Then, I colored 3 with Old Olive Stampin’ Blends, 3 with Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends and left 3 alone. After that, I cut the grass patch with Soft Sea Foam and colored it with Soft Sea Foam and dabs of Old Olive for just a little variety. They were all glued down and the duck popped up with dimensionals over the top of them.
- Next, I stamped the Honeybee Home flowers with Memento ink and colored them with Mango Melody and Daffodil Delight ink. Then, I cropped them with the coordinating die.
- Finally, I stamped with Honeybee Home sentiment and cropped it out with the Banner Pick A Punch. Then, I added the jewels to the flowers and banner.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Craft Rocket Challenge – Use an animal
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Crafty Animals Challenge
- Creative Knockouts Challenge – Spring is in the air
- Critter Crazy Challenge
- Let’s Craft And Create Challenge – Purple & Green
- Mix It Up Challenge – ATG w/ optional Fun Fold
- TIME OUT Challenge – Cute
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List
Debbie, I absolutely love this adorable creation. I’m going to CASE it for sure! I don’t mean “selectively edit”, I mean “steal everything”! LOL.
You come up with such unique cards! THANK YOU for all the ideas!!
This is adorable! The colors are wonderful!
Lovely Easter Pocket card. Very nicely designed. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!! this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT
Wow Debbie, I’m a big fan of creative creases, but I wouldn’t be able to do them without my silhouette or Cricut, so I am very impressed that you did this manually. What a pretty little card, loving the colour combinations and the cheeky little duck!
I’m following you now so I look forward to see what you come up with next. This card certainly brightened my day
What a fun pocket card, Debbie, for Easter. Enjoy your day, my friend.
I inked up Easter Friends because of this card! Purple and yellow and chickens make me oh-so-happy, so thanks for this inspiration and day brightener!
This card is a perfect example of why I LOOK FORWARD to your daily creative inspiration. This is such a happy and case worthy card. Love it.
So beautiful Debbie! Perfect for Spring!
Thank you for joining us over at Creative Knockouts for our Spring is in the Air challenge- good luck!
Wow.. what an amazing work! Love the colours and the cute image! Fab fold, too!
Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!
Hugs and please come back soon!
*Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
*Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
*List Manager* Challenges for Days
*DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
This is so cheerful. He looks so happy. Love Dawn x
Such a wonderful and adorable spring card. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.
A happy duck and great colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Critter Crazy, CarolG
Great card, well done!
Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.
Adorable little duck and gorgeous card Debbie.
Thanks so much for joining us for our Anything Goes plus the option of Purple and Green Challenge #181 at Let’s Craft and Create for March 2022.
We hope to see you again soon,
Lou DT xo