Hello, crafty friends! I have a card for the new Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge for you today, using the new Waves of Inspiration bundle but didn’t use the huge wave. I felt that a calmer scene was better for me right now. This suite of products is gorgeous so it was a no-brainer to get it! The background Gentle Waves stamp is perfect background stamp for all of the nautical card I love to make.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of March 31st!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this card started with Coastal Cabana cardstock, cut at 6-1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2″ on the 9″ side. Once that was done, I started the background panel by masking off a horizon and stamping the new Gentle Waves background stamp in Coastal Cabana ink.
- Then, I used my blending brushes and lightly applied ink over the “sky” portion with So Saffron and Calypso Coral, layering a circle mask for the sun.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the background was complete, I stamped and colored the pelican image with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I stamped the dock set from the retired By The Dock stamp set, colored it with alcohol markers then cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I cropped out pieces for the landscape and added a few of the new Faux Sea Glass Shapes.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink and the birds for a little bit of life on my card.
I’m sharing my cards with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Double Trouble Challenge – Bring on the Green
- Heart2Heart Challenge – Going Green
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Add some green
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Masculine
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order?Product List
I totally agree this is a much more peaceful, relaxing scene than the big wave! I’m so glad I got this collection too. Have a beautiful day and may you have peace in your heart, mind and soul.
Debbie, this is a beautiful, serene scene. I checked out a couple of the challenges and love the fantastic creativity. Enjoy your day!
This card so reminds me of my parent’s old home. I hope you are doing OK today. Hugs
Debbie, this is gorgeous! Beautiful colors for this serene water scene. Love all of the dimension you’ve added too. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.
Beautiful colors, Debbie! This lovely scene takes me on a long walk down Memory Lane. Such peace and serenity. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #105.
Debbie, what a beautiful scene you created, the color gives a calming beach walk that you wanted to accomplish and you did. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart.
Beautiful card! It makes me long for a beach vacation. Thank you for sharing with us at Heart 2 Heart!
This is such a peaceful card, and I love how you have created dimension as well. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges!
I love that you use retired elements. I see people getting rid of stamps and dies once they retire, and there’s no way I can do that. When I have sets I enjoy I use them no matter how old they are; sometimes they have just the perfect element, like the dock you used on this card. My shelves of stamp cases are overflowing, but that’s OK.
Debbie, love how you combined the three stamp sets to create your calming scene! Great idea to add the pelican to the dock image! I keep thinking about getting that “Gentle Waves” stamp every time I see a beautiful card like yours made with it! thank you for sharing your great card with its calming touch with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna
Beautiful technique and I love that you have step-by-step how you made your project. Absolutely fabuluos. Thank you for sharing such a tranquil scene with us at Use Your Stuff
Debbie, I am praying that you can find some calm and peace amongst life’s turbulent waves. With love. Dawn x
I love this, what a great card! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).
DT member H2H
Gorgeous card love the design. Thank you for joining in our March Monthly Challenge over at 613 Avenue Create. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT
A beautiful scene and I adore the calm waters. beautifully crafted.
You certainly picked the perfect tranquil colors for your fabulous design! Beautiful Debbie.
That’s my favorite kind of green – oceany hues of it! Very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble! 🙂
Your lovely scene looks wonderfully relaxing Debbie. A beautiful card. Take care!:)