Hello, crafty friends! I have a card for the new Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge for you today, using the new Waves of Inspiration bundle but didn’t use the huge wave. I felt that a calmer scene was better for me right now. This suite of products is gorgeous so it was a no-brainer to get it! The background Gentle Waves stamp is perfect background stamp for all of the nautical card I love to make.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of March 31st!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this card started with Coastal Cabana cardstock, cut at 6-1/4″ x 9″ and scored at 4-1/2″ on the 9″ side. Once that was done, I started the background panel by masking off a horizon and stamping the new Gentle Waves background stamp in Coastal Cabana ink.
- Then, I used my blending brushes and lightly applied ink over the “sky” portion with So Saffron and Calypso Coral, layering a circle mask for the sun.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the background was complete, I stamped and colored the pelican image with Stampin’ Blends. Then, I cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I stamped the dock set from the retired By The Dock stamp set, colored it with alcohol markers then cropped it out with the coordinating die.
- Then, I cropped out pieces for the landscape and added a few of the new Faux Sea Glass Shapes.
- Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink and the birds for a little bit of life on my card.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- Double Trouble Challenge – Bring on the Green
- Heart2Heart Challenge – Going Green
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge – Add some green
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Masculine
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE