It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge. Have you ever made a side step card before? If not, you should try this one because it’s so fast and very easy to make. One cut and just a little scoring and this fun fold is ready to go. After that, to decorate my card, I used the brand new Paradise Palms to make a fun masculine birthday card.
My secrets to making this project
- I used the Splitcoaststampers Side Step tutorial to make this card, which fits into the A2 envelope if you keep the layering to a minimum (I didn’t LOL)!
- Firstly, I used white thick cardstock, cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″.
- After that, I lined up the short side of the cardstock at 3″ in my paper trimmer and started to cut at 1″ and cut all the way to 6 1/2″.
- Then, I scored the 2 1/2″ wide section of the card at 4 1/4″ and the 3″ wide section at 1″, 2″, 3-1/4″, 4-1/2″ and 6-1/2″.
- After that, I cut DSP Panels to these measurements:
- 2-1/4 x 4″
- 1-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- 1″ x 2-3/4″
- 3/4″ x 2-2/4″
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was ready, the fun stamping started by making all of the palm trees. The smaller palm tree were colored with Old Olive and Early Espresso markers, then I cut them all out with their coordinating dies.
- Once I got that done, I cut out 5 pieces of the grass, using 3 of them with the large tree and then the two smaller ones each got one.
- After that, I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the small square in the Stitched Shapes collection.
- Finally, I colored the Frosted & Epoxy Droplets to look like coconuts with layers of Bronze Stampin’ Blends.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- NBUS Challenge – Stamp sets and dies
- Crafting Happiness Challenge
- DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge – Birthday
- Seize The Birthday Challenge
- TIME OUT Challenge – Happy Birthday!
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE