Hello, Crafters! Make My Monday has a new challenge starting today – “Use Washi Tape” – and I really hope you will embrace it and play along! I found it to be a real challenge because, truth be told, I don’t like washi tape. The only use for it in my craft room has been to hold down my dies onto paper as it goes through my die cutting machine! So, as I was digging around my craft room, I found this Botanical Rhapsody washi tape from Altenew that is beautiful. Then, I paired it with Forever Fern and Best Chapter stamp sets to make an elegant, monochromatic card.
I bet you have some in your craft room so it’s time to give it the spotlight. Need an idea? Here’s a Herringbone card I made with small strips of patterned paper that could easily be done with washi tape. I remembered it too late to make one for this challenge, so I really hope you try it and add it to our gallery!
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Make My Monday Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of April 24th!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I made a mistake from the get-go with this card when I took a piece of ready cut quarter sheet of white cardstock and carefully covered it with the washi tape, folding the ends over the edges of the paper. Why was this a mistake, you ask? Well, it is an awkward size for any finished card. So, I can’t call this card an A2 or A6 because its finished size is 5″ x 6-1/4.”
- After that, I layered it onto black cardstock.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the panel was completed, I stamped the sentiment from Best Chapter stamp set and cut it out with the Hippo & Friends die.
- Then, I decided to layer it onto vellum paper so I used the Encircled in Beauty die to cut it out. After that, I decided it needed a bit of an anchor on the card. So, I took a scrap of black cardstock and cut it to the panel size, then dry embossed it in the Meadow Moments embossing folder.
- To add a little life to the card front, I stamped a couple of the leaves from Forever Fern in black ink, and cut them out with their coordinating dies.
- Finally, I added a couple of Classic Matte Dots to the sentiment.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- A Bit More Time To Craft Challenge
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE