Try It On Tuesday Guest Designer~
I am so excited to be joining Try It On Tuesday Challenge today as a Guest Designer after entering their “Black + White + One Color” challenge with THIS card. So, the challenge that they have starting today is “I Can Hear Music” – making a card that is inspired by a song. My double easel card used the Flowering Tulips bundle, with the beautiful coordinating patterned paper.
Firstly, my initial reaction to this challenge was pure fear! Then, when I started to think about the music that has touched my heart over the years, I started to get inspired and had many choices. I finally remembered a song my father used to sing on his guitar to me as a young girl that I really loved, “Where Have All the Flowers Gone?” by Pete Seeger. It’s one of those songs that we would sing along with him and I always knew that it was a sad song with a deep message. Although choosing this song is showing my age LOL, I was able to find many renditions of it on YouTube and, if you scroll down, I have the wonderful recording of Joan Baez performing it at the Kennedy Center in 1994.
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, this double easel card is A2 card size (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
- Card Measurements
- Card Base Cardstock: 4-1/4″ x 11,″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Easel Cardstock: 4″ x 10-1/4,″ scored at 2-1/2″ and 5″
- DSP: 3-7/8″ x 5″ (1), 2-3/8″ x 3-7/8″ (1)
- After I cut the papers, I adhered all of the layers together to complete the card base.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was complete, I cut out the sweet tulip border with white cardstock and cut it down to fit to the card. Then, I adhered it to the back of the front fold.
- After that, I stamped the tulip in Poppy Parade and Pear Pizzazz ink and cropped out the tulip. Then, I cut out the leaves with the Hippo & Friends die and added it to the card front. The tulip flower was curled slightly with my bone folder, then popped up with a dimensional.
- Then, I stamped the sentiment and cropped it out with another one of the Hippo & Friends dies. Before I adhered it to the card, I wrapped the Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon around the front easel section and tied it with a bow.
- Finally, for a touch of bling, I added a few brass butterflies.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge – ATG (maybe my card finishes the phrase – “brings May flowers”?)
- Country View Challenges – Spring
- Dies R Us Challenge – Frame It
- Double Trouble Challenge – Dies and Flowers
- Four Seasons Challenge – Spring
- Get Creative Challenge – Spring
- Use Your Stuff Challenge – Spring
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE