Hi, crafters! Are you ready to start the alphabet again? Alphabet Challenge begins at “A” again and our theme is “Animal Antics.” I couldn’t wait to make a card with the Friends of the Forest stamp set (unfortunately, it’s retiring and still available!) I had lots of fun making this card, pairing it with the New Horizons patterned paper (also retiring and still available).
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Alphabet Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of April 21st!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this square card was easily created with thick white cardstock, cut at 5-1/2″ x 11″ and scored at 5-1/2.”
- After that, I chose the two patterned papers that would make the background scene, then cut the grassy one with the die from Inspired Canopy die collection. Then, I adhered them together, cut them down to 5″ square, and layered them onto Misty Moonlight cardstock (5-1/8″).
Now, the FUN Part!
- With the large card front, it just made sense to stamp, color and fussy cut two of the trees. Didn’t they turn out cute?
- After that, I stamped all of the critters and the tree stump, then colored them with Stampin’ Blends (colors listed below). Once that was done, I punched out the deer and fussy cut the bunny, birdie and tree stump. I thought the tree stump was a cute thing for the deer to be jumping over so they are popped up with dimensionals.
- Finally, I realized that I needed a sentiment and wanted it to be for any occasion. So, I stamped the sentiment from Special Moments (it was available during Sale-A-Bration), punched it out with a 1″ circle punch and and layered it onto a 1-18″ scalloped circle punch.
I’m sharing my card with these challenges:
- 613 Avenue Challenge
- Critter Crazy Challenge – Feature a creature
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday Challenge – Animals
- Through The Purple Haze Challenge – Include an animal
- Unicorn Challenge – Include an animal
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE