It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge.
My Card Today
My card for you today is a fun fold that I created after seeing Taffy Crafting’s card here. Although this fun fold can be done with any products you choose, I couldn’t wait to open up and use the brand new Happiness Abounds product suite that will be in the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog that goes live on May 3rd. Firstly, the stamp set and coordinating dies are great, and I was able to use the dies on the designer paper (that’s gorgeous)! This suite will be a sure-fire hit so order early before it goes.
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, This fun fold is so much fun to make and very easy, as well.
- Cardstock measurements:
- Card Base: 9″ x 6″ and scored at 4-1/2″
- Cardstock #1: 4-1/8″ x 5-5/8″ (3)
- DSP #1: 4″ x 5-1/2″ (3)
- Cardstock for Fun Fold: 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ – then, on one side, mark the right side at 2″ and cut from the left side to the 2″ mark. After that, I scored at 4-1/4″ and 2-1/8″ on both sides.
- DSP #2: Cut it to the same dimensions as the fun fold cardstock. Then, cut it into 4 2″ and trim it to fit each of the panels.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Front: Firstly, I stamped the sentiment from Sunny Sentiments in Gorgeous Grape ink and cut it out with the Oval Hemstitch die.
- After that, I stamped the flower from Happiness Abounds with Gorgeous Grape ink then colored it with Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends and cut it out with the coordinating die.
- After that, I took a 1/2 sheet of the new Hues of Happiness DSP and cut out all of the whole flowers and leaves that coordinated with the dies. Once that was done, I added one of the GG flowers and a couple of leaves, then added a few of the new Glossy Dots.
- Inside: After burnishing the folds, I lined up the score lines on both the card base and the fun fold piece, then lifted the end panels and added liquid glue and laid them down, one at a time, to make sure that they lined up on each side.
- Once that was in place, I had lots of fun adding the die cut flowers and leaves across each of the panels.
- Then, I got out another new bundle, Sending Smiles. I stamped the “Sending” stamp in Gorgeous Grape and cut it out with the coordinating die. After that, I stamped “best wishes” from Happiness Abounds and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch.
- Finally, I added a few more Glossy Dots for some bling.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge
- As You Like It Challenge: Floral or Cute? I love using flowers on my card! Why, you ask? I just think the world needs more flowers! Plus “cute” seems more for children and my kids are all grown up.
- Cardz 4 Galz Challenge: Fun Folds
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge: Spring/Easter
- Creative Knockouts Challenge
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Try It On Tuesday Challenge: Spring Colors
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order? Don’t forget:Product List
Items Used From the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog:
- Happiness Abounds: Bundle #158824
- Sending Smiles: Bundle #158707
- Hues of Happiness DSP: #158822
- Glossy Dots Assortment: #158827