Hi, Crafters! The Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge today – “Slimline Card” by Sister Lia. I really love making slimline cards but I didn’t have any ideas until I got the Layering Hugs die. Then, I used the word “Sending” from Eden’s Garden to finish off the perfect sentiment.
Once you finish here, I hope you visit our Sisterhood of Crafters Design Team gallery for some great inspiration and play along before the deadline of April 24th!
My secrets to making this Quiet Meadow project
- Firstly, this slimline card started with Bermuda Bay cardstock, cut to 8-1/2″ x 8.” Then, it was scored at 4″ on the 8″ side.
- After that, I made a panel with the Pattern Party designer paper, backed with Poppy Parade.
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once I had the card base done, I started the focal point by cutting the Hugs intricate die with white cardstock. Then, I cute the HUGS letters twice, once with Bermuda Bay and Poppy Parade because I couldn’t decide which one would look better. As you can tell, Bermuda Bay one, so I just glued them to the Poppy Parade to give the letters a little more dimension.
- After that was done, I decided that there needed to be another panel between the focal point and the designer paper. So, I used a new slimline rectangle (Tutti-681) and dry embossed it with the Spellbinders Slimline Floral embossing folder.
- Once that panel was adhered to the card base, I adhered the HUGS piece down as well.
- Then, I inked up just the “Sending” from the stamp in Eden’s Garden and cropped it out with the banner die.
- Finally, I added just a bit of bling with the Hexagons.
I’m sharing my cards with these challenges:
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer!
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at email@example.com!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order?Product List
- Non-SU Products Used:
- Spellbinders Slimline Floral Embossing Folder (SES017)
- Tutti Slimline Stitched Scalloped Rectangles Die (TUTTI-681)
A beautiful design Debbie!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP DT
Just BEAUTIFUL Debbie! Gorgeous colors and design! Thanks for another inspiring DT project!
Beautiful card, love the design and the colours used! Thanks for playing at Through The Craftroom
Such a lovely card Debbie. Colourful background and soft embossing with your sweet floral sentiment.
Such a clever design Debbie! Perfect slimline design! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Gorgeous card, I love the colours. Thanks for joining in our April ‘Anything But Square’ challenge over at Crafty Calendar.