Welcome to the Pals Fun Folds Blog Hop!
We hope you enjoy the inspiration we have for you!! You will find the lineup to hop to the other Pals at the bottom of my post. I love to make easy fun fold cards! They just add that little bit of detail that makes it stand out from the regular card, don’t you agree? I have an Angled Gatefold card, using Nature’s Harvest stamp set and its coordinating dies, to show you today, which has been showing up more and more across cardmaking sites. I hope you will give it a go because it really is easy to make!
My secrets to making this project
- Firstly, I started my card with Crushed Curry cardstock, cut at 11″ x 5-1/2″ and scored at 3-3/8″ and 7-5/8.”
- After that, I measured 1″ from the left and right top and bottom corners. Then, I trimmed from the middle score line to the top 1″ mark. Once that was done, I trimmed from the top of that top corner to the bottom 1″ mark. Easy Peasy!
- Then, I trimmed two pieces of designer paper to 3-1/4″ x 5-1/4.”
- Once you have chosen which side of your patterned paper you will be using, follow the same cuts as you did for the card base. SECRET: Since this is the trickiest part of the card, you should pay attention to which side of your patterned paper you are cutting. It’s very easy to get this part wrong! After cutting the floral patterned paper incorrectly the first time, I actually traced the edges onto the patterned paper so I would see the pattern and measure it in the right way.
- Feel free to trim a little more or less for the look you want!
Now, the FUN Part!
- After the card base was complete, then I stamped the coneflower image from Nature’s Harvest and allowed it to dry well before coloring with the Stampin’ Blends. These flowers have been shown mostly in fall cards but I wanted to show it in pretty spring colors.
- Then, I cropped it out with the coordinating die and also cut 2 more from white cardstock to give it more substance.
- After that, I dry embossed a scrap of white cardstock with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder and cropped the large circle from the new Stylish Shapes dies. Then, I popped up the flower image with dimensionals for even more dimension.
- To keep the card closed, I had two options: a belly band/ribbon or a latch closure, which both would work perfectly fine. In the end, I went for the latch closure, so I found the “Hello” stamp from XX, stamped it in black ink and cropped it out with the Stylish Shapes small banner die. (I would call this die collection a “must have” since I haven’t stopped using them after getting them in my preorder!)
- Finally, I added a few Classic Matte Dies around the floral image to give it just a touch of bling.
I’m submitting this card to the following challenges:
- Arty Divas Challenge
- Craftyhazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge
- Four Seasons Challenge
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
HOBBYISTS ARE WELCOME – Be Your Own Best Customer
Purchasing the Starter Kit and joining Stampin’ Up! brings you ALL of the demonstrator benefits. With your demonstrator status, you will:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS!
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at [email protected]!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE
Ready to place an order?Product List
2022-2023 Annual Catalog Items Used
- Papers: Tea Boutique 6″ DSP #158659
- Inks: Orchid Oasis Stampin’ Blends #159223
- Tools: Stylish Shapes #159183