It’s time for a new Creative Creases challenge. Firstly, thanks to all those who participated in my last challenge! If you haven’t played in my challenge yet, I hope I can inspire you to join me in the challenge that’s starting today! The Top Pick for the last challenge can be found in the Creative Creases post that you can find HERE with the link to enter the current challenge.
My Card Today
My card for you today is a Column Pop-up fun fold technique that I first saw from Linda Heller a few weeks ago and knew I wanted to try it. Once I started to think what I would use it on, it really made sense to make a nautical diorama card, using the Seas The Day bundle. If you or someone you love are into nautical as much as mine is, then this bundle is for you! Unfortunately, this bundle is retiring so you need to act fast if you wish to have it for any of your sea-loving folks.
My secrets to making this In The Moment project
- Firstly, I made my card 5″ x 7″ but this fun fold could really be made in any size you want.
- After cutting the card base (back panel) and covering it with the Waves of the Ocean designer paper, I cut another piece of cardstock (front panel) to 5″ x 11″ and scored at ¾”, 1-1/2”, 2-1/4”, 3”, 8”, 8-3/4”, 9-1/2” and 10-1/4.”
- Then, on the front panel, I cut out an opening with the smaller of the two diorama dies.
- After that, I cut a piece of Pacific Point cardstock that measured 4-3/4″ x 4-3/4″ and cut out an opening with the larger Diorama die. Then, I ran it through the Seabed embossing folder and adhered it to the front panel.
- Finally, I burnished all of folds, then adhered it on one side at the 1″ mark. Then, I added liquid glue to the other side and laid it flat to get it to the right spot. Yep, this card lays flat for mailing!!
Now, the FUN Part!
- Once the card base was complete, I just had the best ole time, stamping and cropping out all of the fun images from Seas The Day. Then, I stamped the sentiment and found a great frame to crop it out in the Potted Succulents dies.
- After that, I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from Art Gallery and cropped it out with the banner from Potted Succulents dies.
- Then, I made a panel on the back of the card for signing, so I stamped a few images and a sentiment.
- Finally, I added just a few of the Faux Glass Shapes, which seemed like the perfect bling for a nautical card.
I am submitting this card to the following challenges:
- 613 Avenue Create Challenge
- AAA Birthday Challenge – Under the sea
- Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge: Embossing
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies Challenge
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge
- Through The Craft Room Door Challenge
BEFORE YOU GO!
I hope you enjoyed my card today! If you did, please:
- Don’t forget to visit my Gallery for lots of ideas, and…
- And provide your contact information to receive a birthday card from me!
- NEW! Buy any of my cards just by sending me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Follow me on Pinterest and Facebook.
- Finally, want to know what’s new with SU? Check it out HERE